Oroboro's SL 125 PvP Builds *Updated for 1.06*

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Lordran!

Re: Oroboro's SL 125 PvP Builds *Updated for 1.06*

Postby Oroboro » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:57 am

Aafai wrote:While both DEX and Faith both have B scaling, the base attack for the lightning attack is low, starting at 97 attack power. This is why it is more important to scale your DEX, because it has B scaling at has a higher base physical attack power, starting at 142 attack. However, since you do want WoG, and max VIT and END, your current variation is optimal. Well, 30DEX/28FTH would have been more optimal. Faith also affects the lightning attack, which may be important if you use it. Remember, AR doesn't matter. What matters is how the damage is split. I would gladly take 300 physcial / 100 elemental over 200 physical / 200 elemental any day, even though both have a combined AR of 400.

I know that split damage is shit or I wouldn't be putting out my builds for other people, but what I didn't know is how the Dragonslayer Spear scaled. That is crazy interesting, and thanks for the info. Completely changed and updated the Dragonslayer Spear build. Now with 100% more OP.

PsYk1K wrote:what pyromancies do you run oro??? making a pyro.. in your opinion is the pure pyro build better than the dex build with pyros?? Want to mostly play a runaway game and force my opponent to be predictable and maybe get a riposte with say a parrying dagger and bandits knife. The only difference between the 2 is switching the extra att slots for more vit... couldnt both builds play the same way and use the same items? What weapon in general do you believe to be best for these builds??? was thinking the daggers or a spear of some kind would be best for the playstyle... maybe bss or estoc? thoughts on priscillas?

I usually run black flame if any. of course the pure pyro is better than the dex build for pyros that's what it's made for lol. Both builds are very similar yes if you plan on using weapons go dex, pure pyro is literally a pure pyro, just spamming instant black flames and fireballs everywhere. I keep a chaos rapier for backstabs on my pyro build just incase but for the most part just catch people with black flame and fireballs. Does insane amounts of damage.
Oroboro

PSN Name: Oroboro

Advertisement

Postby PsYk1K » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:24 pm

You could do just as much damage with the pyros on the dex build is what I'm saying. You could swap some vit for anothwr attunement slot. I just don't see the point of limiting yourself to ONLY pyros when you can use only pyros if you want on the dex build as well as having the str to wield a good weapon just incase...... makes for a more versatile build IMO... nothing stopping the dex build from wearing the dusk crown and dragoncrest ring. Litterally the only difference if you swapped out 4 vit from the dex into attunements would be missing 1 attunement slot to basically have a bigger arsenal of weapons to choose from.... but again this is all theory and perhaps that 1 extra attunement slot makes or breaks it.... Maybe it works out... maybe as a pur pyro you can afford to limit yourself to just pyros... but I don't see the point in running it over dex/pyro. What reason would there ever be?
PsYk1K

Postby Aafai » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:51 am

Tsmp wrote:Oh jeez, is it? Been a while since I actually used that thing. Look at me trying to be smart... :oops:

No problem buddy, I make similar mistakes all the time. It took me a good week trying to build my Cursed Artorias build (a while ago) before noticing that INT and FTH didn't affect the AR, because it only dealt physical damage. :P

Oroboro wrote:I know that split damage is shit or I wouldn't be putting out my builds for other people, but what I didn't know is how the Dragonslayer Spear scaled. That is crazy interesting, and thanks for the info. Completely changed and updated the Dragonslayer Spear build. Now with 100% more OP.

Funnily enough, after making this post on your thread, it inspired me to rethink my Dragonslayer build. My new build is just like yours, except -2 VIT, +2 ATT. Having the option to choose between Replenishment and Great Magic Barrier was too good for me to pass up. I don't use GMB vs. mages though, just DMB and CMW users.

I do like your builds though, because it packs variety. I actually took your Faith build, as I have been meaning to use the Obsidian GS and Crescent Axe, but never thought of putting them in the same class together. Is Crescent Axe any good though?

Our Abyss GS builds are similar. Mine is -4 VIT, +4 ATT. This gives me the option to use Replenishment (which more than makes up the VIT loss), and Dark Bead (which is decently powerful with OIC). It also gives the illusion that the 18 points in INT and FTH was not a waste. lol
Aafai

PSN Name: Aafai

Postby PsYk1K » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:41 pm

Here's an interesting idea... have you tried raising your dex builds INT to 15... using oolacile cat and running CMW?
PsYk1K

Postby Slim Cini » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:50 pm

You mean Gmw??

Cmw needs 25 int obviously

You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me.

PSN: SlimCini
Slim Cini

PSN Name: SlimCini

Postby Oroboro » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:10 pm

PsYk1K wrote:Here's an interesting idea... have you tried raising your dex builds INT to 15... using oolacile cat and running CMW?

Yeah I think you mean GMW, and no. It would be a complete waste. 31 or go home. And even then if your doing it for the buff it would be better to do 30 faith because Sunlight Blade/Darkmoon Blade are the superior buffs.
Oroboro

Postby edgemaster » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:03 pm

PsYk1K wrote:Here's an interesting idea... have you tried raising your dex builds INT to 15... using oolacile cat and running CMW?

Honestly the extra 190ish from GMW isn't going to add much after checking vs your opponents defenses which could easily be in the 300ish range vs magic with a lot of the min-maxed armor setups. You might do an extra 40-50 damage? Weapon buffs are something you go for broke on, either get a huge buff or its not even worth it. I'd consider worth it, being able to add at least 300AR with a buff.
edgemaster

Postby ReelGeizt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:58 am

PRAISE THE SUN!

First of i need to say thanks for all those amazing builds you have shared with us they are really gr8! Especially your DEX/DMB build with that Falchion you suggested is a BLAST... i managed to beat a SL 711 person with it... the reason i know he was that high is the fact that, after i beat him, 808000 Souls gone straight in my pocket, so i messaged him what SL he was where he replied SL 711 for anti-gank purpose...

Yeah but know i have a question about your DEX/CMW build... first of, does it make sense to raise INT to 40 to get out more damage, or will the damage you get out of that few points be a waste?
Second, what armor do you suggest waring with your builds? And what do you think about the Ring of Favor? Because im rocking it on pretty much all of my builds...

Then i have another final question... lets say jsut for example starting with a pyro, how do you spred points while leveling up? I mean where do you put you points an when?

Allright soz for my godawfull english, thats not my native language, and again big THANK YOU for those amazing builds!
ReelGeizt

PSN Name: ReelGeizt

Postby Oroboro » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:16 pm

ReelGeizt wrote:PRAISE THE SUN!

First of i need to say thanks for all those amazing builds you have shared with us they are really gr8! Especially your DEX/DMB build with that Falchion you suggested is a BLAST... i managed to beat a SL 711 person with it... the reason i know he was that high is the fact that, after i beat him, 808000 Souls gone straight in my pocket, so i messaged him what SL he was where he replied SL 711 for anti-gank purpose...

Yeah but know i have a question about your DEX/CMW build... first of, does it make sense to raise INT to 40 to get out more damage, or will the damage you get out of that few points be a waste?
Second, what armor do you suggest waring with your builds? And what do you think about the Ring of Favor? Because im rocking it on pretty much all of my builds...

Then i have another final question... lets say jsut for example starting with a pyro, how do you spred points while leveling up? I mean where do you put you points an when?

Allright soz for my godawfull english, thats not my native language, and again big THANK YOU for those amazing builds!

No problem man, I'll try to answer all your questions:

The increase to int from 32 to 40 isn't bad but IMO if your not focusing on spells and just have them at backup 30 is certainly enough especially if your using tin crystallization catalyst. More points in VIT will be more useful for sure IMO if you are weapon based. But black magic is already strong enough so if your using that it shouldn't be too much of a problem at all.

For armor like I said in the post you can use the optimized combos pinned on the forums here or just use mugenmonkey to find a good poise set for the weapons you plan to use, or you can just rock whatever you think looks awesome and try to get a decent amount of poise like I do.

The ring of favor and divine protection is one of the best rings in the game and I use it on almost all of my builds now so yeah.

Usually I level endurance and vitality first because I grab the lightning spear and use that until I get some good scaling weapons.

Glad you like my builds, if you have any other questions be sure to ask!
Last edited by Oroboro on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oroboro

Postby Aoineko13 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Oroboro wrote:30 is certainly enough especially if your using tin crystallization catalyst

I think you mean 32, good sir.
DeS AN : Aoineko13 : 125 Spellsword, 119 BBS, 140 ToBSwordRedeemed
Blue's DkS Builds: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15049
"oh its 1 hand, whatever....HOLY FUCK WHERES MY SC???" - Kabralius
Aoineko13

PSN Name: Aoineko13

Postby Oroboro » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Aoineko13 wrote:
Oroboro wrote:30 is certainly enough especially if your using tin crystallization catalyst

I think you mean 32, good sir.

Yeah 32 I'm so used to faith lol. I feex I feex
Oroboro

Postby Aoineko13 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Oroboro wrote:I'm so used to faith lol. I feex I feex

I know what you mean. I really like throwing spells around, but most of them aren't really very good in pvp. Most people only take faith or int for a buff (and or WotGs), so if you're grabbing just enough for a buff, you're grabbing faith. Don't hear much about taking 32 int for CMW, only for pursuers. that or 40 for moonlight weapons. Never any love for the crystal spells.
DeS AN : Aoineko13 : 125 Spellsword, 119 BBS, 140 ToBSwordRedeemed
Blue's DkS Builds: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15049
"oh its 1 hand, whatever....HOLY FUCK WHERES MY SC???" - Kabralius
Aoineko13

PSN Name: Aoineko13

Postby RagingFlower » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Hey Oroboro, first of all, great work on keeping your builds up to date and competitive. It's immensely helpful to guys like me who have come back to the game after taking a break for a few months and have no idea where the game's gone balance wise.

I'm looking into your standard dexterity build, the amount of options it offers with weapon combinations is really appealing. The problem is after being away from DS for so long I have no idea which weapons to start with! I really enjoy using the great scythe or any of the katanas, but I'm not sure what their "companion" weapons would naturally be.

If you could recommend 2-3 weapons out of that list that work well together, are versatile enough to handle almost any encounter, and are easy enough to use for a casual player like me, I would really appreciate it. Also knowing what poise to aim for would be awesome too.

Thanks again for all the work you've put into these builds!
RagingFlower

Postby Oroboro » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:41 am

RagingFlower wrote:Hey Oroboro, first of all, great work on keeping your builds up to date and competitive. It's immensely helpful to guys like me who have come back to the game after taking a break for a few months and have no idea where the game's gone balance wise.

I'm looking into your standard dexterity build, the amount of options it offers with weapon combinations is really appealing. The problem is after being away from DS for so long I have no idea which weapons to start with! I really enjoy using the great scythe or any of the katanas, but I'm not sure what their "companion" weapons would naturally be.

If you could recommend 2-3 weapons out of that list that work well together, are versatile enough to handle almost any encounter, and are easy enough to use for a casual player like me, I would really appreciate it. Also knowing what poise to aim for would be awesome too.

Thanks again for all the work you've put into these builds!

No problem man, I love this game and I'm glad you enjoy the builds.

Now if your going to use just the standard dex build you should probably look into the chaos blade. Most unbuffed katana damage in the game, along with the fastest bleed build-up as well. For a side you can really use whatever you'd like. I recommend a shotel to get through turtles shields and to finish people off. Great Scythe works as well. For almost all my builds I don't run any lower than 56 poise for the running claymore r1. You can settle for a little lower if you have to but I make sacrifices so I don't get wombo combo'd by moonlight greatswords. Hope that helps.
Oroboro

Postby RagingFlower » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Oroboro wrote:
No problem man, I love this game and I'm glad you enjoy the builds.

Now if your going to use just the standard dex build you should probably look into the chaos blade. Most unbuffed katana damage in the game, along with the fastest bleed build-up as well. For a side you can really use whatever you'd like. I recommend a shotel to get through turtles shields and to finish people off. Great Scythe works as well. For almost all my builds I don't run any lower than 56 poise for the running claymore r1. You can settle for a little lower if you have to but I make sacrifices so I don't get wombo combo'd by moonlight greatswords. Hope that helps.

It certainly does help! Chaos blade + Shotel/Great scythe sounds like a very fun combination. I'll have to find a way to hit 56 poise without resorting to wearing those Hollow waist-cloths...That balance change bothers me the most :D

I'm excited to try this out, thanks so much for the help! Keep up the good work.
RagingFlower

Postby Oroboro » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:37 am

Updated the main page with some slight changes and added some new specialized builds:
Murakumo
Seppuku
Wrath of the Gods
Critical
Last edited by Oroboro on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oroboro

Postby ReelGeizt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:15 am

Hey Oroboro thanks again for your amazing builds they are all so fun to recreat, and do a little tweak here and there for personal prefferances... but mostly thats not needed because theyr pretty perfect overall...

I really would love to try your new critical hit build, since i am getting parrys done correctly more and more.
Backstabs are still something i can get out no matter what, and if i try i find myself betting BS´d :(

Do you think its possible to do a build around that matter... a build that is kinda save against backstabs, meaning a defensive type of build... featuring armor and weapons that are good against this? Or do i simply have to force myself walking backwards all of the time when i come accros a bs fisher?

So thx again for ur awesome builds! Keep the good work up!
ReelGeizt

PSN Name: ReelGeizt

Postby Oroboro » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:04 pm

ReelGeizt wrote:Hey Oroboro thanks again for your amazing builds they are all so fun to recreat, and do a little tweak here and there for personal prefferances... but mostly thats not needed because theyr pretty perfect overall...

I really would love to try your new critical hit build, since i am getting parrys done correctly more and more.
Backstabs are still something i can get out no matter what, and if i try i find myself betting BS´d :(

Do you think its possible to do a build around that matter... a build that is kinda save against backstabs, meaning a defensive type of build... featuring armor and weapons that are good against this? Or do i simply have to force myself walking backwards all of the time when i come accros a bs fisher?

So thx again for ur awesome builds! Keep the good work up!

It sounds like you need to try out the DMB Falchion. It's what I use and all it does is counter any backstab attempts with immediate death. You should definitely try it out. Use the DEX/FAI build and see how you like it. If you have problems with backstabs it's the perfect build.
Oroboro

Postby SolisRoadsigns » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:57 am

I've been having pretty ridiculous luck with a str-int buff build, using Dark Magic, CWM, and the Manus Cat. Dark bead comes out fast, despite low-low-low dex (base, for me, because I wasn't planning on using anything with higher dex reqs, but it might be something to look into). I think the only way for a STR buff build to work, or at least a INT/Str buff build to work, is by utilizing the Handaxe. Despite the quality scaling, it does pretty alright damage, swings fast, eats shields, and can stun fairly quickly. I like to think of it as the str equivilent of the Falchion, personally. Anyway, might be something to think on.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=cH ... wwLDAsMA==

That's more or less what I'm running, and I know it looks incredibly inefficient, what with the str so high, but it works out surprisingly well for boosting the damage of the dark magic spells, and the occasional WR 1h Large Club hit. It could be tweaked to be put back at 28 str, and more could be put into dex/end for being able to wear more items, more damage on hand axe, and more weight for armor, but it really depends on if you want that dark magic damage or not.
SolisRoadsigns

PSN Name: SolisRoadsigns

Postby Slim Cini » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:16 am

I just watched your hour long Youtube episode when you were killing gankers in the forest and hunting for hatemail... hilarious, nice video 8-)

I've never fought for long in the forest before and it's inspired me to build a gank-killer for the forest like yours (ie. OP buffed falcion that kills in as few swipes as possible... nothing more satisfying than nailing gank squads in a matter of a few seconds). Don't like buffs normally in duels, but in the forest it seems like the perfect place to be OP and kill a bunch of m0r0ns :D

How many of your fights in the forest do you win? Your youtube video probably showed you winning about 80% of them, but was that really just showing your wins? Do you get nailed a lot more than you win?

You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me.

Slim Cini

Postby Oroboro » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:33 pm

SolisRoadsigns wrote:I've been having pretty ridiculous luck with a str-int buff build, using Dark Magic, CWM, and the Manus Cat. Dark bead comes out fast, despite low-low-low dex (base, for me, because I wasn't planning on using anything with higher dex reqs, but it might be something to look into). I think the only way for a STR buff build to work, or at least a INT/Str buff build to work, is by utilizing the Handaxe. Despite the quality scaling, it does pretty alright damage, swings fast, eats shields, and can stun fairly quickly. I like to think of it as the str equivilent of the Falchion, personally. Anyway, might be something to think on.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=cH ... wwLDAsMA==

That's more or less what I'm running, and I know it looks incredibly inefficient, what with the str so high, but it works out surprisingly well for boosting the damage of the dark magic spells, and the occasional WR 1h Large Club hit. It could be tweaked to be put back at 28 str, and more could be put into dex/end for being able to wear more items, more damage on hand axe, and more weight for armor, but it really depends on if you want that dark magic damage or not.

Handaxe is a really intersting weapon, I've been wanting to try it out on my STR FAI build but I haven't got around to it. Do you know how much poise per hit *2h moveset* and if it is an infinite stunlock? I just can never hit anyone with dark magic so I don't bother using it anymore. WoG's IMO are much more efficient.

Slim Cini wrote:I just watched your hour long Youtube episode when you were killing gankers in the forest and hunting for hatemail... hilarious, nice video 8-)

I've never fought for long in the forest before and it's inspired me to build a gank-killer for the forest like yours (ie. OP buffed falcion that kills in as few swipes as possible... nothing more satisfying than nailing gank squads in a matter of a few seconds). Don't like buffs normally in duels, but in the forest it seems like the perfect place to be OP and kill a bunch of m0r0ns :D

How many of your fights in the forest do you win? Your youtube video probably showed you winning about 80% of them, but was that really just showing your wins? Do you get nailed a lot more than you win?

Eh, ganker hunting gets really old, but so do duels for me. But yeah it's hilarious, they just kind of run into my r1 spam and die in a few seconds like lemmings. Honestly I win most of every invasion if I get the buff off and they don't spawn murder me. That was probably one of my worst days, but I uploaded it anyways. On that video I put every invasion on there, so you see every single invasion win or loss within that 5 hours I played. I win 90% of ganks and I'd say 99% of duels, because DMB +3 Falchion OP. And people are bad and try to backstab me and die instantly to r1 spam. I don't really enjoy dueling at all anymore, and I can't imagine using anything else but the Falchion because of backstab fishers everywhere. It punishes them just too well. I actually stream everytime I play Dark Souls at www.twitch.tv/brandon505 *shameless self-advertisement* but yeah you should watch sometime and duel me irl.
Oroboro

Postby Slim Cini » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Yeah everything gets stale eventually. I've spent the last month dueling with a 40/40 quality tank which was great fun but is a bit dull now. Just trying to fill my 10 slots with 10 radically different builds aimed at different types of PVP so I can switch between them anytime I get a bit bored of one of them. And one of them might as well be a forest ganker hunter!

Slim Cini

Postby SolisRoadsigns » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:38 pm

I believe Handaxe eats 21 poise per swing, but I might be wrong. What's really interesting about it, though, is that it breaks guard better than almost any weapon in the game. I can't remember the actual stats on it, but I read a paragraph from EWGF a long time ago about how well it broke guards. Str/Faith would definitely be interesting, but the main attraction of STR/Int imo is pursuers, despite the fact that you have to use it as a buff. Basically it gives you unprecedented pressure in the start of the fight, often times either opening people for a few swings from the handaxe and if you land three on the typical 52 poiser, you're stunning and likely killing. I'm not entirely sure if the stunlock is infinite, but it's tough to get talented players in a stunlock anyway. Also, on the topic of dark magic, dark bead is really a threat if you have enough poise to withstand a hit from somebody's r1. Basically you eat the hit and they eat 1500 damage, even with low-ish int. It's really a promising thing that I've had a lot of luck with. That, and I've been running it while mid-rolling, and if you can tank two hits so many (not so good) people get stunned by the handaxe, because they're not expecting or used to it. Unfortunately, it is pretty easy to blind parry, but because it's so rare very few people approach it as such. It also tracks well and punishes BS attempts, though I think it swings slower than Falchion by a bit.

EDIT
Wiki says it eats 30 poise per 2h swing. I'm not sure if that's true, but if so, that's pretty legit.
SolisRoadsigns

PSN Name: SolisRoadsigns

Previous

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies