Hey guys, did you played DeS?

Hey guys, did you played DeS?

Postby Ravenclaw » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:17 pm

Hey, I'm a new player at souls series, I have Dark Souls and Demon's Souls, I played Dark Souls like year ago but then I was on a break for one year because the studies and more, I back to play and I wanted to back to play on Demon's Souls (That I did't had time before play it), I played only Dark Souls and get to Anor Londo and more I passed a lot roughly I think, but I wanted to play Demon's Souls before because I think that in the future it will disappear and no one will play it, and becuase its the first in the series.
I was only pass the first boss and I couldn't move on.

What do you think I should do? complete first the Dark Souls and than go back to Demon's Souls or proceed to Dark Souls 2 or what? what about Demon's Souls? I bought it one year ago and didn't touch it, only played to the second boss on 1-2 and now I'm stuck there. So I wanted to ask if you played andd what should I do? what to play first? and why?

By The Way, if you think it should be Demon's Souls I will appreciate it if you check this topic I created because the Demon's Souls forums are dead... Thanks! - CLICK TO THE TOPIC!

Thanks for the advises, Tal.
Ravenclaw

PSN Name: T_SkuLLy_

Advertisement

Re: Hey guys, did you played DeS?

Postby BertoSan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:26 pm

I feel like if you have been away from the Souls games for that long, it doesn't matter which one you start with. I always recommend Demon's Souls over Dark Souls because I personally think it was a much better game. But that's just me. I know it's a lot less active than Dark Souls but if you can get some buddies to play through with you, it's always a good time.
<IRC User> I wonder how long you'll last in this community Berto.
<IRC User> Probably not for long.

[13:02] <@IRC User> I've pretty much been trained to expect somebody to be kicked when berto says "..."
BertoSan
Sir Warns-A-Lot
Sir Warns-A-Lot

Postby Ravenclaw » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:38 am

BertoSan wrote:I feel like if you have been away from the Souls games for that long, it doesn't matter which one you start with. I always recommend Demon's Souls over Dark Souls because I personally think it was a much better game. But that's just me. I know it's a lot less active than Dark Souls but if you can get some buddies to play through with you, it's always a good time.

Yes I wanted to start with DeS but I stuck in the game and no one is helping me right now, it shard to play alone without help and the Wiki is great but without answering my questions is very hard to process in the game and I am new in those series, so DeS is very hard for me, although I played DkS..
So this is the reason I uncertain of keep playing DeS or move to DaS?
Ravenclaw

Postby Soul Remains » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:30 pm

I'd keep playing Demon's. Keep playing and you'll learn. It will get easier. What questions do you have that haven't been answered?
The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago.
Soul Remains

Postby Ravenclaw » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:09 am

Soul Remains wrote:I'd keep playing Demon's. Keep playing and you'll learn. It will get easier. What questions do you have that haven't been answered?

Please check the link I post in the topic. I need help in the game, I can't farm for souls (I mean can't get good amount of souls) and I don't know how to get more grass to the boss Tower Knight I eat lot of them.
By the way, before entering the boss in 1-2 there are 3 archers and a strong knight that don't let me pass them through and get fast to the boss how can I pass them without fighting? because if I will fight I will die (it happened a lot) or if I killed them I'm losing HP -> losing grass.
Ravenclaw

Postby HazelrahFiver » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Ravenclaw wrote:
Soul Remains wrote:I'd keep playing Demon's. Keep playing and you'll learn. It will get easier. What questions do you have that haven't been answered?

Please check the link I post in the topic. I need help in the game, I can't farm for souls (I mean can't get good amount of souls) and I don't know how to get more grass to the boss Tower Knight I eat lot of them.
By the way, before entering the boss in 1-2 there are 3 archers and a strong knight that don't let me pass them through and get fast to the boss how can I pass them without fighting? because if I will fight I will die (it happened a lot) or if I killed them I'm losing HP -> losing grass.

This is all just a matter of practicing and learning. I consider DeS to be quite easy compared to the other two games, and you will too once you know how to play it. The Tower Knight is almost laughable, though still a great design. My advice is to keep at it, and don't give up. You'll figure it out.
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver

PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Postby spacehamster » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:49 pm

Don't tell the poor guy the Tower Knight's "laughable", it just seems that way to us because we've done it so many times. Let's not forget that this is actually the first big frustration spike for most first-time players.

Anyway, I wouldn't be worried about the servers being shut down anytime soon, so it really doesn't matter which one you tackle first. Since you've already progressed pretty far in Dark Souls, I would probably finish that one first and then go back to Demon's Souls. Playing the games simultaneously in bits and pieces seems a bit weird to me.
PSN, XBL, GFWL, Steam - spacehamsterZH
spacehamster

PSN Name: spacehamsterZH

Postby HazelrahFiver » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:54 pm

spacehamster wrote:Don't tell the poor guy the Tower Knight's "laughable", it just seems that way to us because we've done it so many times. Let's not forget that this is actually the first big frustration spike for most first-time players.

You're right, but I didn't mean it as any insult. He can be rather difficult for those new to the game. Sorry about that topic starter.
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver

PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Postby DxV04 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:23 pm

I agree with Space Hamster, finish dark souls first and if you are able to get online at times send us an invite. I am sure one of us might be able to help. I would then go back to DeS since it is a better game than DkS 2. Then you will be ready for DkS 2 because it borrows from both DeS and Dks1.

But yea stick to one! Jumping between them will probably wear you out!! :horse:
PSN and XBL Tag: DarknessxVega
DxV04

Return to Dark Souls Discussions