Twinkling Titanite

Twinkling Titanite

Postby Waggalad » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Is this some sort of game designer joke. The amount of items that need this to upgrade is disproportionate. I'm currently jogging round Ash Lake, the blandest location in the game to two shot the shells, nice pickings 2 per run between the bonfires. Why are there so few enemies that drop this much needed item. I wonder did From decide to give us a bland and threatless zone, to chill out after spending hours getting to a position where we need T T ?
Waggalad

Advertisement

Re: Twinkling Titanite

Postby mmghouse » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:49 pm

The giant sells twinkling titanite (I saw in another post you might have killed him though, so you're probably best off just getting to NG+ before farmathon.

It's cheaper and easier to farm souls and buy twinkling titanite than run around ash lake or the place before seath and try to get them. Believe me. They're expensive, but if you are slapping on treasure head and silver serpent ring right after you beat each boss you'll get lots of souls. At the very least, you could do some darkwraith farming in NG+ with the silver serpent's ring on (plus treasure head if you like the risk) and kill several birds with one stone.

Good luck.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby Jman1988 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:42 pm

mmghouse wrote:The giant sells twinkling titanite (I saw in another post you might have killed him though, so you're probably best off just getting to NG+ before farmathon.

It's cheaper and easier to farm souls and buy twinkling titanite than run around ash lake or the place before seath and try to get them. Believe me. They're expensive, but if you are slapping on treasure head and silver serpent ring right after you beat each boss you'll get lots of souls. At the very least, you could do some darkwraith farming in NG+ with the silver serpent's ring on (plus treasure head if you like the risk) and kill several birds with one stone.

Good luck.

..I'm going to have to strongly disagree.

The crystal cave farm outpaces the hell out of any farm, until NG++, maybe NG+, but... my money says nah. With 410 IDR, you'll get an average of 3-4 twinklings titanite per run, and the runs take less than 90 seconds with practice. On top of that, you get souls from and purging stones (they frampt for 1000 souls each). Nothing in NG can come close to approaching that, and while the forest gets close in NG+, the clams also get a boost, nearly matching the forest in soul yield alone, never mind the twinkling titante and purging stone yield.
Jman1988

Warnings: 5

Postby mmghouse » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:49 pm

I think jman is right. I had forgotten the drops got a major boost for tt. Plus seathe had a warp spot. Still ng+ dark wraiths are efficient because you get good souls and chance for slabs.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby Jman1988 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:19 am

That's the twinkling drop rate in patch 1.05. I've spent a lot of time there, since I never BB glitched. Also, I'm already very satisfied with the darkwraith T.chunk farm in patch 1.05. In PTD must drop like 7-8 chunks per run.
Jman1988

Postby lordgrapejuice » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:47 am

Jman1988 wrote:..I'm going to have to strongly disagree.

The crystal cave farm outpaces the hell out of any farm, until NG++, maybe NG+, but... my money says nah. With 410 IDR, you'll get an average of 3-4 twinklings titanite per run, and the runs take less than 90 seconds with practice. On top of that, you get souls from and purging stones (they frampt for 1000 souls each). Nothing in NG can come close to approaching that, and while the forest gets close in NG+, the clams also get a boost, nearly matching the forest in soul yield alone, never mind the twinkling titante and purging stone yield.

This is how I get my twinkling titanite. Just kill seeth and use that bonfire to farm them there. With a good weapon or just maxed pyromancy glove you can easily farm titanite off of those. Also, if you equip the symbol of avarice and the silver ring, you get a decent number of souls, so if you get to that point of "just 1 more", you can buy the remaining. I did notice your other post though so...have fun farming! I fully upgraded my black knight armor, weapon, and shield (60 twinkling titanite) with about 2 hours of farming them. I greatly prefer twinkling titanite farming over titanite slab farming.
lordgrapejuice

Postby DidoRumbus » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:55 am

Jman1988 wrote:That's the twinkling drop rate in patch 1.05. I've spent a lot of time there, since I never BB glitched. Also, I'm already very satisfied with the darkwraith T.chunk farm in patch 1.05. In PTD must drop like 7-8 chunks per run.

I got 4-5, and 2 slabs in about an hour (iirc). Until some dude invaded me and randomly dropped 99 slabs, chunks, etc. Was kind of pissed, but also admittedly relieved that my farming was over...

Waggalad, another tip is that every TT item requires exactly 10 stones to upgrade to +5 in the following order: 1-1-2-2-4. This makes it easy to calculate how many you'll need to finish upgrading an item (and how many souls you'll need if you're planning a trip to the giant blacksmith, at 8000 souls a pop).
DidoRumbus

PSN Name: DidoRumbus

Postby Jman1988 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:32 am

lordgrapejuice wrote:This is how I get my twinkling titanite. Just kill seeth and use that bonfire to farm them there. With a good weapon or just maxed pyromancy glove you can easily farm titanite off of those. ...I greatly prefer twinkling titanite farming over titanite slab farming.

Yeah, in NG, a max pyro glove alone will take care of the farm quickly, although a good weapon can measure up. Each new playthrough blunts the speed with which a pyro glove can do it though, and weapon play becomes key. Or sorceries and miracles. Also, yeah, I prefer the TT farm to the Tslab/Tchunk, but I can't get the chunks/slabs from anywhere else. Considering that, I think the yield is satisfactory (Tslab very arguable, ofcourse. I don't even go down there for Tslabs. I go down there for chunks, and treat slabs as happy accidents).

DidoRumbus wrote:I got 4-5, and 2 slabs in about an hour (iirc). Until some dude invaded me and randomly dropped 99 slabs, chunks, etc. Was kind of pissed, but also admittedly relieved that my farming was over...

Are you saying you got 4-5 chunks per run? That was essentially my average yield in patch 1.05. Eh, actually, it might have been 3-4, my memory is hazy, but 4 was usually the magical number. Anyway, did you get these numbers in PTD or pre-PTD?
Jman1988

Postby DidoRumbus » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:49 am

Jman1988 wrote:Are you saying you got 4-5 chunks per run? That was essentially my average yield in patch 1.05. Eh, actually, it might have been 3-4, my memory is hazy, but 4 was usually the magical number. Anyway, did you get these numbers in PTD or pre-PTD?

PTD.

The improvement to material drop rates was a bit over-hyped. I noticed right away that I got more titanite, red, and white slabs dropping (across 3 characters). Also crystal lizards and black knights (non-kiln) seem to have improved drops. It could be luck of course, but others have also noticed it. But I didn't see much of an improvement to the darkwraith run. I didn't farm long enough (or record data) to give a good average, but like you said, maybe 1 more per run, if that.
DidoRumbus

PSN Name: DidoRumbus

Return to Dark Souls Discussions