DkS Tips And Tricks Thread UPDATED

Re: DkS Tips And Tricks Thread UPDATED

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:03 am

Good point mmg, ive only fallen off the bridge once and that was by accident.

When trying to invade you will notice that as soon as you hit square the yes is highlighted. Sometimes no is automatically highlighted and this annoys the hell out of me. This happens because you have tried to unhollow when your already unhollowed or kindle a bonfire that is fully kindled. To fix this so that yes is automatically highlighted again you can go through the rigmarole of quitting amd reloading or if you go to a bonfire and then repair equipment (even if they dont need repairing) when you attempt to invade again you will see that yes is highlighted again.

Simple but effective if you use muscle memory.
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Advertisement

Postby The Onceler » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:22 pm

You can get into the Painted World Annex area to get the items there without going to the basement to get the key. In the first house across the bridge with the 4 flamethrower guys there is a broken balcolny off to the right up the stairs. You can do a running jump followed by a roll to get onto the lip on the other side which takes you into the annex without the key :)
Unless...

The Onceler

PSN Name: kingphisher2 alt: Once-Ler_

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:53 am

The Onceler wrote:You can get into the Painted World Annex area to get the items there without going to the basement to get the key. In the first house across the bridge with the 4 flamethrower guys there is a broken balcolny off to the right up the stairs. You can do a running jump followed by a roll to get onto the lip on the other side which takes you into the annex without the key :)

This true however the jump can be an akward one if you jump to late. the very first time I tried it I did it fine (this was months back) and then when I tried it again recently it took me 10 attempts.
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

M3mnoch_1987

Postby The Onceler » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:42 pm

You get three casts of the light spell that Dusk sells, but you can get a functional 4th cast of it if you cast it at a bonfire and then sit back down at it resetting your cast count back to 3. The spell itself does not reset so you can have a full one in play and 3 more waiting by doing this :)
Unless...

The Onceler

PSN Name: kingphisher2 alt: Once-Ler_

Postby MeMcDee » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:31 am

The Onceler wrote:You get three casts of the light spell that Dusk sells, but you can get a functional 4th cast of it if you cast it at a bonfire and then sit back down at it resetting your cast count back to 3. The spell itself does not reset so you can have a full one in play and 3 more waiting by doing this :)

You can also do this with Fall Control and other kinds of spells like this, that create an effect rather than those that are attack type casts.
I saw you standing there, smiling and I just had to wipe that smile off your face...with my sword.
MeMcDee

PSN Name: abcdee3d

Postby mmghouse » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Unlocked. Things like this auto-lock when left idle.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby liampancakes » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 am

tested the repair spell on a crystal weapon with 5 different catalysts, no result. possibly you need one of the 3 catalysts i haven't tried or a higher magic adjust, most likely it's just a myth.
liampancakes

Postby liampancakes » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 am

in reply to vumsy in the other thread, the official guidebook says with iron flesh you "only receive 30% of any incoming damage". http://darksouls.wikidot.com/iron-flesh says "Greatly increasing all physical and fire defense". so there is some misinfo out there.
liampancakes

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:45 am

liampancakes wrote:in reply to vumsy in the other thread, the official guidebook says with iron flesh you "only receive 30% of any incoming damage". http://darksouls.wikidot.com/iron-flesh says "Greatly increasing all physical and fire defense". so there is some misinfo out there.

The official guide is well out of date now thatnks to the patches. Iron flesh was nerfed quite abit iirc

M3mnoch_1987

Previous

Return to Dark Souls Discussions