Have some questions about Shiva of the East

Have some questions about Shiva of the East

Postby Neshz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi,

I want the darkwood grain ring, but I don't know if I kick the ninja off the cliffs then I resolve my sin, will Shiva be in blighttown to sell stuffs ? (assume that I talked to him in the forest before kicking the ninja) because darksouls.wikidot said that "Shiva will not be in blighttown if you leave the covenant by any means"

Also, what I did was
- joined the covenant
- talked to shiva
- go to blighttown to buy his stuffs
but the problem is that when I left the covenant and rejoined, Shiva was in Blighttown and I couldn't kill the ninja by having Shiva on me.

What if I do like this, will it work ?
-join the covenant
-talk to shiva
-kick the ninja
-go to Oswald
-rejoin the covenant

where will Shiva be ? and will he be in blighttown to sell stuffs ?

I know I made this thread confusing, I'm confused of what I wrote too ><

Thanks
Neshz

Advertisement

Re: Have some questions about Shiva of the East

Postby MeMcDee » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:10 pm

I don't know if what you've proposed will work, but I am at the point where I want that ring as well and will kill Shiva. In a video I saw a guy kill Shiva first and the Ninja didn't do anything. Then he went and found the Ninja and killed him. I'm not sure if you can rely on this, because I've seen foes do odd things and not be aggroed before and then when I came back the next time they were really aggroed.

Another possibility is to get some distance away and try shooting arrows at one or the other of them. The Ninja is behind the wall, so he might be hard to attack, but it might work to draw Shiva away from him.
I saw you standing there, smiling and I just had to wipe that smile off your face...with my sword.
MeMcDee

PSN Name: abcdee3d

Postby Neshz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:17 pm

MeMcDee wrote:I don't know if what you've proposed will work, but I am at the point where I want that ring as well and will kill Shiva. In a video I saw a guy kill Shiva first and the Ninja didn't do anything. Then he went and found the Ninja and killed him. I'm not sure if you can rely on this, because I've seen foes do odd things and not be aggroed before and then when I came back the next time they were really aggroed.

Another possibility is to get some distance away and try shooting arrows at one or the other of them. The Ninja is behind the wall, so he might be hard to attack, but it might work to draw Shiva away from him.

Thanks

Still, I'm eager to know if he will be in blighttown if I did the kicking-off-the-cliffs method, I need that Uchi ><

Does killing Shiva prevents you from getting anything ? if not, I will just kill him, then kill the ninja because I bought everything from him already.
Neshz

Postby mmghouse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:20 pm

If you have already bought everything from Shiva, he's useless. Might as well kill him. If you haven't, then you can buy stuff from him after you rejoin the covenant. I think he might show up once in the forest once you rejoin and then head over to blighttown. I doubt he'd be anywhere else.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby v1ej4 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Neshz wrote:
MeMcDee wrote:I don't know if what you've proposed will work, but I am at the point where I want that ring as well and will kill Shiva. In a video I saw a guy kill Shiva first and the Ninja didn't do anything. Then he went and found the Ninja and killed him. I'm not sure if you can rely on this, because I've seen foes do odd things and not be aggroed before and then when I came back the next time they were really aggroed.

Thanks

Still, I'm eager to know if he will be in blighttown if I did the kicking-off-the-cliffs method, I need that Uchi ><

Does killing Shiva prevents you from getting anything ? if not, I will just kill him, then kill the ninja because I bought everything from him already.

You just want the uchi? you are going into to much trouble in order to get it..... go with the undead merchan (male) buy al
his crapp, its basically that, CRAPP, then ukill him, hi drops the uchigatana, the residence key and the messages stone.
really easy xD
v1ej4

PSN Name: v1ej4

Postby Ey-man » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Yeah, if you're just doing it for the Uchi, then simply buy it before you kill the ninja, or just kill the undead merchant.

But you could also try out what you mentioned, and see what happens, then write the results in the wiki :)
Dark Souls :
SL 9x Magic-Claymore-dude
Sl 120 Str/Faith Build
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Demon's Souls :
SL 125 Faith Build
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ey-man

PSN Name: Ey-man

Postby CthulhuChile666 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:25 pm

I've done some covenant swapping including the forest, and here's what worked for me:

join the forest covenant. use it or don't use it. shiva won't sell you stuff there.

come to blighttown with lots of souls and find shiva near the wheel. Buy what you want.
Kill quelaag and join chaos with her sister. You have abandoned forest, but not sinned against it.

Return to the forest, and rejoin the covenant. Shiva will appear in the forest against again with his bodyguard.
What is best? To crush enemies, to see them driven before you, to hear the lamentations of the women...
CthulhuChile666

Warnings: 4
PSN Name: CthulhuChile

Postby MeMcDee » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:49 pm

If the OP merely wants to get the Murakumo then go and kill Giant Skeletons in the graveyard near Firelink. That's how I got mine. I want to kill Shiva and the Ninja for the ring. I do believe sending him off the cliff kills him though so I doubt he'd show up in Blighttown.
I saw you standing there, smiling and I just had to wipe that smile off your face...with my sword.
MeMcDee

Postby ToolsIdol » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:01 pm

^ You don't need to kill Shiva for the ring, just the ninja.
"I got more game than Parker Brothers." -- Tribe Called Quest
ToolsIdol

PSN Name: bigpurp70

Postby CthulhuChile666 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:44 pm

ToolsIdol wrote:^ You don't need to kill Shiva for the ring, just the ninja.

But attacking either breaks the covenant, so you might as well get both done. Then you can dual wield the Murakumo
What is best? To crush enemies, to see them driven before you, to hear the lamentations of the women...
CthulhuChile666

Postby Gazoinks » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:34 pm

So, uh, I attacked Shiva and his little Ninja friend but got killed. If I request absolution and rejoin the Forest Covenant will Shiva (and his ninja more importantly) be back in the forest? It'll really suck if I screwed myself out of the ring, since I'm playing an agile katana build.
Man of many questions...

Dark Souls:
Nero - lv. 7x Magic Knight (Pyromancer)
Liam - lv. 11x "Quality" Build (Wanderer)
Gazoinks

Postby MeMcDee » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:44 pm

I know, but I bought everything I wanted from Shiva-easy enough to kill both. Now I have 2 Murakumos.

@Gazoinks,
I do believe if you request absolution, any NPC you didn't kill will be back and won't still be angry. But you do have to be in the covenant for Shiva to show up. At this point you really just have to try it and see if he shows up since you have no other choice. I hope it works for you. I killed both of them in Blighttown after I bought stuff from Shiva. I killed Shiva first and then the Ninja.

It's really difficult to try and kill them both at the same time. In Blighttown the ninja is behind a wall, so if you can draw shiva out, the ninja won't know about it and won't attack you until attacked.
MeMcDee

Postby CthulhuChile666 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:16 pm

MeMcDee wrote:

I know, but I bought everything I wanted from Shiva-easy enough to kill both. Now I have 2 Murakumos.

@Gazoinks,
I do believe if you request absolution, any NPC you didn't kill will be back and won't still be angry. But you do have to be in the covenant for Shiva to show up. At this point you really just have to try it and see if he shows up since you have no other choice. I hope it works for you. I killed both of them in Blighttown after I bought stuff from Shiva. I killed Shiva first and then the Ninja.

It's really difficult to try and kill them both at the same time. In Blighttown the ninja is behind a wall, so if you can draw shiva out, the ninja won't know about it and won't attack you until attacked.

I didn't know the ninja was around in blighttown since I didn't see him
CthulhuChile666

Postby ToolsIdol » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:18 pm

CthulhuChile666 wrote:But attacking either breaks the covenant, so you might as well get both done. Then you can dual wield the Murakumo

I didn't even think of the Mura. I only killed the ninja b/c there's still more stuff I want to buy from Shiva. I suppose I will kill him eventually, but it's not his time yet. 8-)

MeMcDee wrote:It's really difficult to try and kill them both at the same time. In Blighttown the ninja is behind a wall, so if you can draw shiva out, the ninja won't know about it and won't attack you until attacked.

Agreed. This is how I was able to kill the ninja w/out Shiva even knowing. Then I just used a homeward bone, got absolution from Sigmund, and rejoined forest covenant.
"I got more game than Parker Brothers." -- Tribe Called Quest
ToolsIdol

PSN Name: bigpurp70

Return to Dark Souls Discussions