Best Armor set for Pyromancer AND a couple other questions.

Best Armor set for Pyromancer AND a couple other questions.

Postby NewGuy7371 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:40 pm

Q1: In your opinions, what is the best set to modify and keep for a play through. Right now I'm using the Gold Hemmed,but it can't be upgraded. I like having full roll capacity, but as long as I stay under the 50% mark and dont roll like a fatass I'm happy. What set should I invest my time/souls on?

Q2: How do I get the Pyromancer in Blighttown to let me upgrade my Glove past +15? Do I need a certain item or something before she'll let me do it?

Q3: I've noticed that sometimes a random audio cue goes off and an orange soul-like aura surrounds me and I gain a free estus flask to my invent. Why does this happen and what triggers it?

Answer-ers have my eternal love.
NewGuy7371

PSN Name: NewGuy7371

Advertisement

Re: Best Armor set for Pyromancer AND a couple other questio

Postby Gazoinks » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:27 pm

I don't know about 1 and 2, although I'd like the answers as well since I'm playing Pyro-heavy. For 3 though, apparently you get a free Estus Flask when a player nearby kindles a bonfire.
Man of many questions...

Dark Souls:
Nero - lv. 7x Magic Knight (Pyromancer)
Liam - lv. 11x "Quality" Build (Wanderer)
Gazoinks

Postby NewGuy7371 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:35 pm

That'd make sense seeing as I was at Andre when it happened.
NewGuy7371

PSN Name: NewGuy7371

Postby MeMcDee » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:05 pm

I would think as far as armor it would greatly depend on the situation you are facing. Take a look at the resistances. And consider there are situations where naked or mostly naked is the best option. I don't think one armor fits all, because what works in one place can easily get you killed somewhere else. Just imagine wearing turtle type armor to fight Havel. There are some places where you will not mind being a turtle and even adding iron flesh to it.

As for the extra estus, to clarify it isn't just because someone kindled a bonfire in the area nearby, it happens when someone kindles the bonfire you last used. It was mostly right, but I was just adding that technicality.
I saw you standing there, smiling and I just had to wipe that smile off your face...with my sword.
MeMcDee

PSN Name: abcdee3d

Postby MrsSpeck » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:47 am

in ways of armor. As u mentioned the gold hemmed is a very nice set for mid till "end" game when wearing with 1-3 peaces of heavy armor (stone/havels/black steel) but u CANT upgrade it. So as allrdy said above. Have alook at the resistences, pick 1 or 2/3 sets of armor and grind+upgrade those ^^ u maybe look like a guest on a "bad-taste-party" but who cares? ^^ i don't mind to NOT die but look arkward instead of looking cool but getting 1-2shotted by enemys wearing trollface-masks :D

for 2: i'm nearly the endgame, with a pyrohand+15 but never found a dialouge or soul that says: give/use theez with ***** to upgrade pyrohand+15 to "heavenlypyrohand of the hellsangels guardian bad-ass" ^^ so the magibonus of 250(i think it is) with a scaling of S in int and letting u 1-shot most enemys (it took me 3-5 chaosballs to almost kill ornstein with a pyro+15 and 20int) seems more then enough, if u keep in mind u can go waaaaaaaaay past 20int and a S scaling.

for 3: i thought it u get +1flask if someone kindles a fire u kindlet before, but might be wrong. Only playn' for a week now and most things in Dark Souls confuse me....like fogringcasters and Chanbackstabbers :shock:

Hoping this might help u so far ^^

greetz

If war is the answer...maybe it was a rly stupid question.

PSN: MrsSpeck /\ Tha_Overfiend
MrsSpeck

Postby Taho_online » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:19 am

Trying to keep under the 25% equip weight allowance is a real bitch. At SL35, I'm still stuck with the tattered clothes top, the tattered sleeves and black leather boots (which are much better than the heavy boots from the base set). I upgraded the black leather boots to +8 but I'm hoping to find a better chest piece asap (dunno where, though :? )
Taho_online

PSN Name: Taho_online

Postby Thaumogenesis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:39 am

Just wanted to mention that the Pyro Hands does not scale with Int. That's only for the pointless boxing attack (r2). Upping Int will not affect the Pyro spells. I also wasted 2 points in Int because i didn't know :(
Thaumogenesis

Warnings: 2

Postby vbrama » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:58 am

I'm using the Gold hemmed armor, Astora's long sword, and a shield that weighs 3 pounds or less. With Havel's ring, that keeps me under 25%. I'm level 31.

I got the trainer in Blighttown to upgrade my flame to +5. Didn't do anything special. There are two icons up top on the upgrade screen. Select the 2nd item.
vbrama

Return to Dark Souls Discussions