Glitch or is it?

A place to have discussions about Demon's Souls in general. If there is a section that your discussion fits into, please use that section!

Glitch or is it?

Postby azzraelle » Tue May 25, 2010 8:35 am

this thread is to summ any glitch you have encountered, to confirm that they are or not, and warn other users.
(i will try to edit regularly the first post to maintain the list for people to read.

1. Unable to finish game glitch: This usually happens when a player kills and is killed by an Archdemon simultaneously, and cannot be fixed, for more info consult http://www.demons-souls.com/wiki/ and scroll down a little, I've contacted them with more info about this one a few times.
  2. Skipping 3-1/3-2 glitch: Ask LC how to do this one, but essentially you use a botched invasion attempt for the Monk Boss to skip having to beat 3-1 and 3-2.
  3. Weapon animation glitches: Fairly common online, and don't pose any threat as the damage and hitbox of the weapon isn't changed, just the look of the swings. Can be pretty funny though.
  4. Firestorm/Soulsucker glitches: I'm not going to say much about this one, essentially with the right knowledge it is possible to spam Firestorm or Soulsucker while running.
  5. Fog gate skipping: It is possible to avoid having to activate the first fog gate in 1-2, and all of them except the boss fog in 4-1 if you know how to bypass them.
  6. When killing a boss, wait for the message demon defeated before opening the menu (start button) or you will end up locked out of controls, having to suicide to get them back.

here is mine:
I opend the menu (start button) right after killing a boss before the "demon defeated" message. once the msg appeared, the menu was gonne but all buttons were useless. the game must have been locked in a state where he thought the menu was opened although it was not. I had to suicide to get full controls back.

tested on the next boss, glitch confirmed.

work around: do not open the menu before the message "boss defeated".
Last edited by azzraelle on Wed May 26, 2010 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
azzraelle
Azz
Azz

PSN Name: Azzrael_sama

Advertisement

Re: Glitch or is it?

Postby Ilkar » Tue May 25, 2010 10:52 am

That's an interesting one, and one I have never heard of before.
I'll give you a quick rundown of a few I can think of.

1. Unable to finish game glitch: This usually happens when a player kills and is killed by an Archdemon simultaneously, and cannot be fixed, for more info consult http://www.demons-souls.com/wiki/ and scroll down a little, I've contacted them with more info about this one a few times.
  2. Skipping 3-1/3-2 glitch: Ask LC how to do this one, but essentially you use a botched invasion attempt for the Monk Boss to skip having to beat 3-1 and 3-2.
  3. Weapon animation glitches: Fairly common online, and don't pose any threat as the damage and hitbox of the weapon isn't changed, just the look of the swings. Can be pretty funny though.
  4. Firestorm/Soulsucker glitches: I'm not going to say much about this one, essentially with the right knowledge it is possible to spam Firestorm or Soulsucker while running.
  5. Fog gate skipping: It is possible to avoid having to activate the first fog gate in 1-2, and all of them except the boss fog in 4-1 if you know how to bypass them.

I'll add more to this when they come to me.
Ilkar
Troll Slayer
Troll Slayer

PSN Name: Ilkarraven

Postby LightningCount » Tue May 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Sad thing about that is that I know how (and experienced) to perform every single one of those. You also forget the Soulsucker glitch, as well as the glitch with Flamelurker.
LightningCount

Postby Ilkar » Tue May 25, 2010 2:37 pm

I wasn't going to mention any that involve the horrendous AI.
Like Maneaters falling to their deaths, Flamelurker's horrible pathing, Doran's weakness to Backstabs and the fact most bosses don't go aggressive on you even if you hit them with spells from a distance (not just clouds).
Stooge: "Ok ... try it Ilkar's way, probably best anyway."

bloodborne.kaizotrap.com/chat/ (The internet's biggest Bloodborne IRC)
youtube.com/IlkarDS
Ilkar
Troll Slayer
Troll Slayer

Postby azzraelle » Tue May 25, 2010 4:33 pm

bLaCkShAd0w wrote:Another thing (that I learned the hard way) is to NEVER EVER EVER push the maiden in black down the hole in the nexus. You will not be able to finish that playthrough, and if you wish to continue you will have to delete your character and make a new game. This is probably the only true game ruining event I have come across.
copy paste from another thread, this being of the utmost importance.
azzraelle
Azz
Azz

Postby LightningCount » Tue May 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Uh, no. You go to an archstone, then come back to the nexus. She pops up there.

I know, I've done it before.
LightningCount

Postby Angelonedge » Tue May 25, 2010 4:55 pm

SO you're saying you can go all Sparta on her and she'll pop back up if you enter a world and then come back?
Angelonedge

Postby LightningCount » Tue May 25, 2010 4:56 pm

When I did it, she popped back up fine. I can try to test it again, if you want.
LightningCount

Postby LightningCount » Tue May 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Sometimes she's not at the seal, for me she was at Latria's archstone sitting there.
LightningCount

Postby Angelonedge » Tue May 25, 2010 5:05 pm

I was under the impression that after the nexus "breaks" she's no longer bound to it and can die. So going Sparta on her and kicking her into the hole would kill her, therefore not allowing her to take you down to the Old One. I've never done it but would like to have confirmation so I'll know whether or not to think twice about having fun with it sometime.
Angelonedge

Postby LightningCount » Wed May 26, 2010 1:19 am

She's bound until she is able to put the Old One to slumber, so technically she can't do that until after the fight with Wannabe Allant.
LightningCount

Postby Angelonedge » Wed May 26, 2010 1:25 am

Ok thanks for clarifying.
Angelonedge

Postby Juli » Wed May 26, 2010 1:59 pm

I'm curious about the 3-1/3-2 glitch. I'm also curious about the firestorm/soulsucker glitch, but I don't really expect anybody to explain it.
Formerly Saturday-Saint
Juli

PSN Name: TalentedJuli

Postby Ilkar » Wed May 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Angelonedge wrote:I was under the impression that after the nexus "breaks" she's no longer bound to it and can die. So going Sparta on her and kicking her into the hole would kill her, therefore not allowing her to take you down to the Old One. I've never done it but would like to have confirmation so I'll know whether or not to think twice about having fun with it sometime.

She says herself 'I'm sorry. I cannot die. Not while the Nexus binds me'.
If you hit her into the hole she disappears, and reappears when you reload or re-enter the Nexus.

Also, I'll mod any explanation of the firestorm/soulsucker glitches off of these forums, I'm not going to explain them and I'm trusting Pp (I think you know them too?) not to give them away, they're common enough online now to annoy me.
Ilkar
Troll Slayer
Troll Slayer

Postby azzraelle » Wed May 26, 2010 2:46 pm

Ilkar wrote:I'll mod any explanation of the firestorm/soulsucker glitches off of these forums, I'm not going to explain them and I'm trusting Pp (I think you know them too?) not to give them away, they're common enough online now to annoy me.
+1

meaning i completly agree with Ilkar standpoint.
azzraelle
Azz
Azz

Postby Angelonedge » Thu May 27, 2010 2:27 am

Thanks to a certain person, I heard that the Firestorm/Soul Sucker glitch is only useable in PvP, so I don't want to know it anyway. It'd be fun in PVE but too cheap in PVP.
Angelonedge

Postby Pablo__EI » Thu May 27, 2010 7:08 pm

I was also able to push the maiden into the hole touch and archstone and came back and she was right there by the hole
Pablo__EI

Postby GreyDevil » Fri May 28, 2010 2:31 pm

I experienced a glitch yesterday while being summoned in 1-3. It was the host and two blue phantoms (including me), and we're at the end of the level by the 3 red eye knights and the official. We get the cutscene where the official runs further into the castle behind him where the boss is, we kill all the knights and we notice that the official is still standing on the steps but he isn't trying to attack us. So we attack him for a while and he just won't die or react. We eventually got bored of backstabbing him so we went to the boss.
GreyDevil

Postby Pablo__EI » Fri May 28, 2010 6:36 pm

the exact same thing happen to me greydevil, except I war the host, I heard that when playing co-op it's somewhat common
Pablo__EI

Postby azzraelle » Fri May 28, 2010 9:08 pm

i have seen penetrator fight a white phantom once, it was quite cool from my stand point, i just killed him swiftly
azzraelle
Azz
Azz

Postby HidenGoseke » Fri May 28, 2010 10:48 pm

azzraelle wrote:i have seen penetrator fight a white phantom once, it was quite cool from my stand point, i just killed him swiftly

Were you a Blue Phantom? If so, then this is a common misconception, as Biorr, in the hosts game, will appear as a White Phantom to you.
"I'm in trouble — please recommend this message"
HidenGoseke

Postby GreyDevil » Fri May 28, 2010 11:49 pm

HidenGoseke wrote:
azzraelle wrote:i have seen penetrator fight a white phantom once, it was quite cool from my stand point, i just killed him swiftly

Were you a Blue Phantom? If so, then this is a common misconception, as Biorr, in the hosts game, will appear as a White Phantom to you.
Yeah, i noticed this while playing yesterday and i was confused until i remembered that NPCs show up as white phantoms.
GreyDevil

Postby LightningCount » Sun May 30, 2010 6:41 pm

It's happened to me a number of times, but only when I die at those three knights. It may be me, but I know that soulsucking it still gives you souls.
LightningCount

Postby Stooge » Mon May 31, 2010 1:06 am

Ilkar wrote:Skipping 3-1/3-2 glitch: Ask LC how to do this one, but essentially you use a botched invasion attempt for the Monk Boss to skip having to beat 3-1 and 3-2.

Share. Now. Thank you.

:evil:
Stooge
Sir Cares-A-Lot
Sir Cares-A-Lot

PSN Name: CageStooge

Postby Anorack » Mon May 31, 2010 3:42 am

Weird glitches I've noticed:

1) After killing False King online with 1 blue, the Blue Dragon, Boirr and the 2 Fat Officials on the bridge all just disappeared when I went back to kill the blue dragon after returning to the Nexus. And they never returned.
2) I was invaded in 1-1 while I was inside the boss room killing Phalanx in my current NG+. (Funny thing about this one is the BP that invaded got himself killed somehow)
3) The 1-3 Fat Officials body fell through the floor after Penetrator killed him.
“Be wary of strong drink, it can make you shoot at the tax collector...and miss.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
Anorack

Postby Angelonedge » Mon May 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Not positive but after killing False King, Biorr dissapears after fighting the Blue Dragon with you. Or he got killed by the dragon.
Angelonedge

Postby DarkTemper2 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:13 pm

This just happened to me the other night. I set my Blue Eyed Stone at 3-3 trying to do some Old Monk battles, I get summoned as a Blue Phantom instead. "Cool, I'll get souls for this" I though. Well, Wen't through the level normally, I slashed at the Mindflyers with my DBS and my summoner blasted them with Soul Ray. Anyway, we get up there and I kill the lizard for him and take a peak through the fog gate, I see no BP "Dirty Bastard, trying to get a cheap backstab in" I thought to my self. He enters the room first and I enter second... Only to watch the person who summoned me attack an invisible person. This isn't like using thiefs ring or anything, he didn't show up in my game... I got backstabbed by a person who didn't exist. Anyway, the person who summoned me won and I got some souls, I messaged him quickly and told him what went on in my game.

TL;DR
Invisible Old Monk while I was a Blue Phantom, glitch that he didn't appear for my game.
DarkTemper2

Postby Anorack » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:01 am

Angelonedge wrote:Not positive but after killing False King, Biorr dissapears after fighting the Blue Dragon with you. Or he got killed by the dragon.

Biorr hangs around till he is either killed or blue dragon is dead, none of which happened as the fight with False King took less than 2 minutes and the dragon was still breathing fire at Biorr, I could hear it. I had to return to the Nexus cause the Elevator wasn't at the top so I couldn't go back down it. Plus, as I already mentioned, both the Fat Officials disappeared and never came back. I returned like 5 times and they did not come back nor did the dragon, so I missed out on the souls for killing it plus the 30,000 from it's soul.
“Be wary of strong drink, it can make you shoot at the tax collector...and miss.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
Anorack

Postby MeMcDee » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:55 pm

I'm not complaining about this one, it happens fairly frequently. I get all of the drops for a level-all soldier's and hero's souls, come back to the level and there are more where I already got them before. It seems there's no rhyme or reason as to when it will happen, I've quit from certain levels and continued there only to find another soul to get and I've re-entered an area from the Nexus and same thing. It has happened in every world.

It just happened to me in VoD. I went to the Nexus and re-entered from Leechmonger, and to the right of all the islands another soul had popped up by the wooden fence. I'd already cleared this area out completely, all of VoD in fact and just came back for some Faintstone and to get the Mirdan Armor set from the Filthy Woman and such. I'd even cleared all the stuff by the BP Meat Cleaver. Weird, but nice.
I saw you standing there, smiling and I just had to wipe that smile off your face...with my sword.
MeMcDee

PSN Name: abcdee3d

Postby LightningCount » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:16 pm

That has to do with World Tendency, so it's most certainly not a glitch. Certain items appear when in PBWT or PWCT in 5-x.
LightningCount

Next

Return to Demon's Souls Discussions