anyone left whos against duping?

A place to have discussions about Demon's Souls in general. If there is a section that your discussion fits into, please use that section!

Re: anyone left whos against duping?

Postby PewPewImaGun » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:18 pm

I don't dupe. I don't really encourage it either, it just seems lazy to me. For me it just feels more rewarding to put in the necessary time and effort to farm the materials I need to get what I want and it really takes away one of the challenging and fun elements of the game to take shortcuts.

But to each their own I'm not big on PvP so my opinion is biased.
PewPewImaGun

Advertisement

Postby hoof_hearted4 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:01 pm

PewPewImaGun wrote:I don't dupe. I don't really encourage it either, it just seems lazy to me. For me it just feels more rewarding to put in the necessary time and effort to farm the materials I need to get what I want and it really takes away one of the challenging and fun elements of the game to take shortcuts.

But to each their own I'm not big on PvP so my opinion is biased.

yea youll opinion will change what you start making 20 different builds. farming gets old :P
hoof_hearted4

Postby PewPewImaGun » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Haha probably. I've only had two characters so far. A magician that I completely wrecked and abandoned and my barb which is my shining achievement. I'm thinking about starting a new spellcaster soon so I may end up taking some shortcuts when that time comes.
PewPewImaGun

Postby topler » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:03 am

Dupings fine because farming as many have said is boring!

but I do hate it when lv 40s and such have the best gear possible all ready and are invading low levels for easy kills.
topler

PSN Name: X_Topler_X

Postby hoof_hearted4 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:08 am

topler wrote:Dupings fine because farming as many have said is boring!

but I do hate it when lv 40s and such have the best gear possible all ready and are invading low levels for easy kills.

that is usually because they already beat the game once and are on NG, so technically they could have farmed for their stuff, but ya i agree. greifers are annoying, though i love beating them aha.
hoof_hearted4

Postby pep-pock1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:11 pm

draga3888 wrote:i hav to say im against it in all aspects i mean even if u do pvp u can still fram alomst any stones in a few hours and as for souls to lvl i hav made it to 120 in about 6 hours of gameplay so its not hard ether ppl r just to lazy to take some time to get what they want because they can cheat and do it in an hour but it just sounds like it takes all the fun out of the game

there is no fun left in the game itself when you have played through it countless times

no tricks / surprises it is boring

making a character with all spells / souls / wpns in under 1 hour leaves you time to pvp more

you say fun of the game : i say boring pve

only time PVE was honestly fun was the 1st time around maybe even the 2nd

after you do it 80+ you just dont really care
pep-pock1

Postby hoof_hearted4 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:38 pm

well ive spent probably a few hundred hours into PvE, and i still love it more then PvP. but i like the act of making a build, starting out shitty and seeing him get better. even when im making a PvE character, i dont mind duping. farming just plain sucks. i farmed enough going for Plat and the countless other times i farmed before i knew how to dupe. at this point, i just like seeing how good a build is with max weapons. its not the challenge of PvE i like (which on NG/+ or with +5 weapons early on its more like a lack thereof) its the coop i like. im ALWAYS playing with a blue, either someone i know, or some random guy i summoned. i just like playing with someone and going through the game
hoof_hearted4

Postby SenorPez » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:37 pm

I'm opposed to duping, if only on the argument that it is a glitch. Granted, not nearly as gamebreaking as, say, RFS, but still a glitch nonetheless.

However...

I don't really blame the people that do it, for the reasons mentioned. At some point, spending hours and hours of time farming in order to build a new PvP character just stops being productive.

:horse:
SenorPez

Postby pep-pock1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:46 am

i didn't mean 80+ hours

i mean 80+ characters

im pretty well known in the pvp group

and i have never reached platinum

just simply didn't care for it

its all just pvp for me
pep-pock1

Previous