PvP vs PvM

A place to have discussions about Demon's Souls in general. If there is a section that your discussion fits into, please use that section!

PvP vs PvM

Postby Authentic_Demon » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:52 am

I have noticed this.. Ever since the first day of playing Demon's Souls I had the Adrenaline and used to think oh no a boss I am probably unprepared and even today Ive noticed that when people do PvM they suit up and wear all this stuff just for that, ever since I have learned all there is thanks to PvP now I find myself beating NG's in less than 3 hours due to my tactics. for Ex. I find myself pushlocking False King and easily dodging every attack without being scratched or rolling 'though' the attacks of most enemies including the Penetrator and Adjudicator's sword attacks and it just seems now I see Old King Doran and just think 'oh look a noob NR Build, and I just wear the same setup I do when I PvP not even using a shield and I parry with my Kat's.. anybody else feel the same?
Authentic_Demon
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 1:58 pm

Advertisement

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby LostMyHeadache » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:33 am

Authentic_Demon wrote:I have noticed this.. Ever since the first day of playing Demon's Souls I had the Adrenaline and used to think oh no a boss I am probably unprepared and even today Ive noticed that when people do PvM they suit up and wear all this stuff just for that, ever since I have learned all there is thanks to PvP now I find myself beating NG's in less than 3 hours due to my tactics. for Ex. I find myself pushlocking False King and easily dodging every attack without being scratched or rolling 'though' the attacks of most enemies including the Penetrator and Adjudicator's sword attacks and it just seems now I see Old King Doran and just think 'oh look a noob NR Build, and I just wear the same setup I do when I PvP not even using a shield and I parry with my Kat's.. anybody else feel the same?


Ok, seriously, this is just straight up true.

I mean, not taken to the ridiculously awe-inspiring level of ease and skill described by Auth, but sat a couple steps down from there (I still have trouble with parries, etc) to the point that, except for NG++++ or higher, there are not really any challenges left in PvE, and you think that those levels really just exist to slow down your acquisition of a Red Eye Stone for your specialized PvP build, and even that 'annoyance' is rendered completely superflous by the newfound ability to dupe BDS/ RES (Beasr Demons Souks and Red Eye Stones).

Great post, Auth, so true!
LostMyHeadache
 

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Light » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:25 am

I find it so easy I find myself killing bosses with my shield alone.
Light
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:41 am
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Thy Nazgul2 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:14 pm

mutation3 wrote:I find it so easy I find myself killing bosses with my shield alone.

EGO ftw?
User avatar
Thy Nazgul2
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:44 pm
Country: Peru (pe)

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Light » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:21 pm

That's just bosses... I find myself dying to cliffs all the time.
Light
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:41 am
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Four-_Twenty » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:41 pm

Thy Nazgul2 wrote:
mutation3 wrote:I find it so easy I find myself killing bosses with my shield alone.

EGO ftw?


Why you hating. Stay on topic.

Well, from all the pvp experience, I'd have to agree, PvE is just way too easy now. I find myself beating 1.1 with over 40k souls, after I beat tutorial aswell. Now it's the little things that screw me over. As Mut said, cliffs, and also any ledges. I tend to try and parry too much sometimes, which result in me not checking my health, and I die.

Bosses tho, from when I started to now, I can't see why is what that hard. It just seems so simple now.
\
User avatar
Four-_Twenty
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:25 am
Country: Canada (ca)
PSN Name: Four-_Twenty // Live FourTwentyDS

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Soul Remains » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:54 pm

Thy Nazgul2 wrote:
mutation3 wrote:I find it so easy I find myself killing bosses with my shield alone.

EGO ftw?


Don't hate the player hate the... No wait, DS is awesome so you can't hate it. Don't hate the player hate Dragon Age, because that game is awful in general.
The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago.
Image
Soul Remains
 
Posts: 2812
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:16 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Morrigan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:46 pm

Four-_Twenty wrote:I find myself beating 1.1 with over 40k souls, after I beat tutorial aswell.

I call BS on that. I actually just did a 1-1 run (after tutorial too), didn't die once, and killed Vanguard, the red-eyed knight and Miralda. Right after killing Phalanx, I had about 10k souls. Nowhere close to 40k. So unless you died a LOT or grinded like stupid, there's no way you ended up with 40k souls....
<VarietyX> But I lasted about 90 seconds
<geegee> I lasted like
<geegee> 40 xD
User avatar
Morrigan
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Thy Nazgul2 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:35 am

Whoa, im not hating anyone! Seriously, i just said he had ego ftw! Fout twenty theres no way you can get 40k souls, i always end having around 9-11k souls ...
User avatar
Thy Nazgul2
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:44 pm
Country: Peru (pe)

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby hydropottimus » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:50 am

Are you guys forgetting the 27k from Old King Doran?
PSN-Hydropottimus NA servers
hydropottimus
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:41 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby LostMyHeadache » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:02 am

hydropottimus wrote:Are you guys forgetting the 27k from Old King Doran?


We have a winner.
LostMyHeadache
 

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Thy Nazgul2 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:18 am

I wanna see you killing him in SL 4....
User avatar
Thy Nazgul2
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:44 pm
Country: Peru (pe)

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Mortainous28 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:20 am

There are videos of people killing him at incredibly low SL's on youtube.
~History Abhors a Paradox~

SL's 75, 120, 712
Open for co-op and pvp.....and the occasional trolling of random players.
User avatar
Mortainous28
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:31 am
Location: Iowa
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: Mortainous28

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Paladin_Sigma » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:22 am

killing the old king at sl 1 with the royalty isn't even that hard
Image
Paladin_Sigma
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:49 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Thy Nazgul2 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:23 am

I wanna se HIM killing old king doran.
Btw, to kill him with magic it would take Millions of souls arrows...
User avatar
Thy Nazgul2
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:44 pm
Country: Peru (pe)

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Mortainous28 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:29 am

Yeah magic wouldn't be that effective or worth my time. I have never tried it but from what videos I have watched and tips I have read, the lure and backstab method works the best.
~History Abhors a Paradox~

SL's 75, 120, 712
Open for co-op and pvp.....and the occasional trolling of random players.
User avatar
Mortainous28
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:31 am
Location: Iowa
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: Mortainous28

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby hydropottimus » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:35 am

Thy Nazgul2 wrote:I wanna se HIM killing old king doran.
Btw, to kill him with magic it would take Millions of souls arrows...


So should I post a two part youtube video to show you how to lure and backstab for twenty minutes? My guess is that you DON'T want to see me kill him with a rapier at SL1 because it's incredibly boring.
PSN-Hydropottimus NA servers
hydropottimus
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:41 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Mortainous28 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:47 am

hydropottimus wrote:
Thy Nazgul2 wrote:I wanna se HIM killing old king doran.
Btw, to kill him with magic it would take Millions of souls arrows...


So should I post a two part youtube video to show you how to lure and backstab for twenty minutes? My guess is that you DON'T want to see me kill him with a rapier at SL1 because it's incredibly boring.



Which is why you do it with a random looted weapon from 1.1. :gamers:
~History Abhors a Paradox~

SL's 75, 120, 712
Open for co-op and pvp.....and the occasional trolling of random players.
User avatar
Mortainous28
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:31 am
Location: Iowa
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: Mortainous28

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Light » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:59 am

Actually you complete 1 1 and go find the crescent falchion in 4 1 to kill him quicker... Works for me at least
Light
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:41 am
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby hydropottimus » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:16 am

I usually wait until I've got a decent upgraded weapon. I've killed him once with the rapier and I won't do that again. I just wait now since I'm just in it for the armor which I can't even use until I've leveled into endurance quite a bit. I was just pointing out that you can end up with approximately 40k souls after beating 1-1.
PSN-Hydropottimus NA servers
hydropottimus
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:41 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby Four-_Twenty » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:56 am

All I do is unequip right hand, get him across bridge till he starts walking back and push him. Push him to were the cling ring is. Boom, he's dead. Easy stuff, just gotta know how.
\
User avatar
Four-_Twenty
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:25 am
Country: Canada (ca)
PSN Name: Four-_Twenty // Live FourTwentyDS

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby iGBx » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:19 pm

I cleared ALL of 1-2's enemies and boss with a 2 handed Buckler +3 last night hahahaha, I had a newbie blue phantom tagging along that probably thought I was crazy :shock:
iGBx
 
Posts: 2852
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:29 pm
Location: Wales
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
PSN Name: iGBx

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby LostMyHeadache » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:16 pm

iGBx wrote:I cleared ALL of 1-2's enemies and boss with a 2 handed Buckler +3 last night hahahaha, I had a newbie blue phantom tagging along that probably thought I was crazy :shock:


Well, except for the Red Dragon, presumably.
LostMyHeadache
 

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby hoof_hearted4 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:17 pm

hey hey dont be hatin on Dragon Age either. i absolutely loved that game, beat it multiple times!
Image
User avatar
hoof_hearted4
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:56 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby HagaarsBuilds » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Authentic_Demon wrote:I have noticed this.. Ever since the first day of playing Demon's Souls I had the Adrenaline and used to think oh no a boss I am probably unprepared and even today Ive noticed that when people do PvM they suit up and wear all this stuff just for that, ever since I have learned all there is thanks to PvP now I find myself beating NG's in less than 3 hours due to my tactics. for Ex. I find myself pushlocking False King and easily dodging every attack without being scratched or rolling 'though' the attacks of most enemies including the Penetrator and Adjudicator's sword attacks and it just seems now I see Old King Doran and just think 'oh look a noob NR Build, and I just wear the same setup I do when I PvP not even using a shield and I parry with my Kat's.. anybody else feel the same?


Do a sperate PVE Toon go not higher than SL 30, use unupgraded weapons and starting equipment. This way Pve is more interesting again... But I like pvp much more.
WORLD TENDENCY - CLICK ON IT TO ENLARGE IT
Image
HagaarsBuilds
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Munich
Country: Germany (de)
PSN Name: HagaarsBuilds/2-16

Re: PvP vs PvM

Postby iGBx » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:48 pm

LostMyHeadache wrote:
iGBx wrote:I cleared ALL of 1-2's enemies and boss with a 2 handed Buckler +3 last night hahahaha, I had a newbie blue phantom tagging along that probably thought I was crazy :shock:


Well, except for the Red Dragon, presumably.


Yeah man. Mr.RedDragon wont die to a Buckler +3 for some reason :(
I had a blast though, last night I started a new character ( gonna be a low level witch ) and was swamped with NEW PLAYER blue soul signs. I guess this game was given as a christmas present to a few people :D
There's just one thing I must do before I stop playing DS, that is to kill Old King Doran with parry & riposte only. I managed 4 in a row a few days ago, 2 more and I think he would have died :cry:
iGBx
 
Posts: 2852
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:29 pm
Location: Wales
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
PSN Name: iGBx


Return to Demon's Souls Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

  • Advertisement