End Game glitch?

A place to have discussions about Demon's Souls in general. If there is a section that your discussion fits into, please use that section!

End Game glitch?

Postby Malik08t » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:10 pm

This is my first playthrough of Demon's Souls (NG). After beating Old King Allant, and being treated to a cutscene of the floor of the Nexus opening up, I decided to break for the night and see what all was waiting for me down there next time.

Well, today I boot my game up, load my profile, and... am in the Tutorial again. All the items I was carrying on me are gone except the ones that were equipped, which strangely don't weigh anything. After getting killed by Vanguard again (I didn't have the right weapons equipped for him when I quit the game last time, shut up), it seems I'm back in the Nexus, having never actually finished the game/confronted the Old One or whatever. All the stuff Stockpile Thomas had from my previous game is still there, but everything on my character which wasn't in an equip slot is gone, including my +5 Crescent Falchion and the Long Sword of Moonlight, plus a bunch of useful rings. What the Hell is this?

I was under the impression that when you started a NG+ you didn't go through the Tutorial again.

And is there any way I can recover my missing stuff? :/
Malik08t

Advertisement

Re: End Game glitch?

Postby Juli » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:36 pm

Wow, sorry that happened to you. Demon's Souls occasionally has really bizarre memory glitches like this. It's possible you quit the game while it was saving, and your data got corrupted. AFAIK, there's no way to undo it.
Formerly Saturday-Saint
Juli

PSN Name: TalentedJuli

Re: End Game glitch?

Postby Malik08t » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:59 am

Well feck.

I've noticed that the weightless gear I do have vanishes if I remove it, so the dark silver armor and swords I had are gone now as well.

It would appear that the game thinks I'm still in NG, even though I'm at the current soul level and Stockpile Thomas still has all the stuff I left with him. Oh well, at least it'll be a breeze to get back to the end at this rate... >_>
Malik08t

Return to Demon's Souls Discussions