overburden bug

A place to have discussions about Demon's Souls in general. If there is a section that your discussion fits into, please use that section!

overburden bug

Postby mazza » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:38 pm

Hello guys.
I started last weekend to play Demon´s Souls (after of played Dark Souls and DS2). PS3 plataform.
After i killed the first boss, i have a overburden problem. I mean, i can´t get any new weapon, but i´m just in the begining. I read some old topics of this problem, but i can´t solve following the tips and i think is impossible to play like that.
So, anybody have one solution?

tks a lot
mzz
mazza

PSN Name: mazza666

Advertisement

Re: overburden bug

Postby Tsmp » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:22 am

Demon's Souls has a maximum weight load for your inventory. As in, not the stuff you have equipped but the stuff you have in your backpack. It's not a bug, it's a mechanic that they rather wisely chose to not bring back for future games.

To increase this maximum load, raise your vitality stat. If there's anything you want to keep but don't want to carry around all the time, return to the Nexus and talk to Stockpile Thomas to store it. Note that if you attempted to pick anything up and were unable to, if you leave the area and return it'll be gone forever. If it's something you wanted or needed, it might be best to drop some other, less important items to make room for it.

If you talk to Stockpile Thomas and give him that (quest item I can't recall the name of, ?hairpin?), he'll give you a ring that boosts your inventory weight cap.

I have to say though, that system would probably have been a whole lot more interesting if recovery items weighed more than a tenth of a weight unit. Running around with two stacks of 99 full restores without any kind of penalty kind of made it a moot point.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Postby mazza » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:20 pm

Tsmp, thanks a lot for the reply. I understand the maximum load, but at the beginning?? (i just killed the first boss) my burden have a 8 digits number, i think is too high for the beginning. I tried to drop many itens, but i can´t carry the new and i can´t get back the itens i dropped, always i have overburden message. Even if i store with Thomas. I cant buy any simple arrow, because i´m overbudren.

tks
mzz
mazza

Postby Tsmp » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:27 pm

Oh. Yeah, I have no idea what's going on there.

Have you tried quitting and reloading the game?

Have you tried gaining 1 point of Vitality?

If neither of those work, you might have to make a new character. That sounds like a game breaking bug, as you mentioned. I've never heard of it happening before.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Postby mazza » Fri May 01, 2015 10:55 am

I tried reinstall the game, i tried to create 4 new different characters and i tried to up vitality, but the value of vitality is irrelevant in compare with burden value.
It´s always happen after kill the first boss. Before kill the first boss the burden values is ok to drop and to deposit with Thomas and get new itens.
I think is impossible to play like that because i can only carry the weapons of the begginig (weak weapons).

tks a lot.
mzz
mazza

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Are you sure you have emptied everything into stock pile Thomas that you can? Its sounds to me like you have maybe armour pieces and upgrade material on your person rather than in the stock pile. If you cycle left and right when looking at the inventory of items stored with Thomas you can select different catagories. The upgrade material required for your weapons are the most weight inducing thing in the whole game. Its silly really as you can use the upgrade material when they are with Thomas so you don't even need to carry it around.

Make sure you have put everything you can with Thomas. I have never heard of nor experienced this glitch before over the thousands and thousands of hours I have pumped into this game.

Also don't forget things add up so always try to make sure you are only carrying the items that you need - I would recommend maybe 10 of each of the poison debuffs (royal lotus IIRC etc) and maybe 20 - 50 healing items.

But yea seriously check that its not materials that are weighing you down as you can pick a fair few up in the first area from the shield wielding phalanax enemies especially if you have died a fair bit.
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Return to Demon's Souls Discussions