Demon Souls worth getting now?

A place to have discussions about Demon's Souls in general. If there is a section that your discussion fits into, please use that section!

Demon Souls worth getting now?

Postby Vincenzo666 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:31 pm

Hey guys just got a ps3 and want demon souls, had dark souls on xbox and loved it but is it too late to get demon souls? do many people play online still?
Vincenzo666

Advertisement

Re: Demon Souls worth getting now?

Postby Ephexis » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:37 pm

of course it's worth it, with it being put up on the psn recently there should be more players playing it again
regardless if it was a barren waste land online it's still worth playing

even 10 years from now, the server's could be down permanently, whatever, this game will always be worth getting. it's an amazing game and will become a classic title for the ps3
edgemaster wrote:If the casuals get the sniffles :cry:, then I got a whole case of tissues to hand out.

Alara78 wrote:eat some grass and tank that shit.
Ephexis

PSN Name: Ephexis18

Postby Vincenzo666 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:39 pm

Are the servers permanently down?
Vincenzo666

Postby FerretStrike » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:47 pm

Vincenzo666 wrote:Are the servers permanently down?

No, they are still running and there are currently no plans to shut them down. The game releasing on PSN makes it very likely they will stay up for a while. Many players (like yourself) have now played Dark Souls and are interested in playing the predecessor. It's the best game on the PS3, just get it!

PSN:FerretStrike (main PvP) Thianakronos (alt)
FerretStrike

PSN Name: FerretStrike|Thianakronos

Postby HazelrahFiver » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:59 pm

It is, without a doubt, the best PS3 exclusive.
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver

PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Postby Bahd_Monkey » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:09 am

Yeah get it. I play the NA version and there are tons of new players now that it's for sale on PSN. Also, I've noticed a lot of vets returning to it and playing low level toons. Honestly I like it better than Dark Souls because it has a very Silent Hill type feel to it, whereas Dark Souls was in a more straight up fantasy setting.
F da Sun... UMBASA BABY!!!
Bahd_Monkey

PSN Name: Bahd_Monkey

Postby mmghouse » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:54 am

Get it.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby Jman1988 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:30 am

DeS is such trash. Worst PS3 game, save ur munny.
Jman1988

Postby Vincenzo666 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:35 am

on Dks i would get stuck a lot and it was kinda hard to find someone to play with will i have the same problem on Des? are there many blue soap stones?
Vincenzo666

Postby mmghouse » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:11 am

Assuming you get NA or JP versions of the game, there should be plenty, at least for now. One nice advantage of the dedicated server of DeS is that you see soul signs more consistently, not just from the cluster of people in your lobby.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby Bahd_Monkey » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 am

EU PSN will be getting DS on January 23rd.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/04/demon ... anuary-23/

So there should be plenty of new players. And because of the dedicated servers it's so much easier to co-op with your friends.
F da Sun... UMBASA BABY!!!
Bahd_Monkey

PSN Name: Bahd_Monkey

Postby bartizzleoni » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:57 pm

First post, and glad it's about something I had considered for a long time.

Fan of DkS, but absolutely fell in love with Demon's Souls right away. I agree with the atomsphere; slightly more "freaky" feeling than with DkS (skellies in 4-1 got me for the first few attempts because of that roll/speed!).

Definitely worth a purchase and still very much alive.
bartizzleoni

PSN Name: Bartizzleoni

Postby ncexnyc » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:11 pm

I hadn't played any RPG type computer games since the old SSI games on my Atari back in the late 80's. I bought a PS3 for my son, Christmas 2012 and figured I get a game or two for myself. I went through both Dragon Age games, Oblivion, and Dungeon Siege 3. Needless to say I was hooked on computer RPG's again.

I found a copy of Demon's Souls for a decent price and added it to my collection. While finishing up my other games I did some reading of the reviews, while great, they always mentioned you'd die quite often. This didn't sound all that appealing to me, but I finally got around to giving it a try and boy was I hooked.

Yes, you die a lot. The game isn't forgiving of mistakes. I still make dumb mistakes and every now and then get careless and fall to my death somewhere in the game, but I can't put the controller down, except when I sling it off the floor in disgust. The language used in playing sessions will peel the paint off walls, but I keep coming back for more, the game is that addictive, so yes, if you are considering buying this game, by all means do so, it's well worth the price of admission to the Nexus.
ncexnyc

Postby Obderiath » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Absolutely! I played the game when it came out, made the mistake of selling it, and now, having played Dark Souls to death, came back once it hit the PSN! You'll be kicking yourself if you don't, though I'm sure you've gotten it by now, haha.

I mean, considering the game is a couple years old and I came back, AND just joined this forum for it... yeah, I'd say it's quality!
Obderiath

PSN Name: Obderiath

Postby Newdle107 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:31 pm

I prefer Demon's Souls to Dark Souls. It's definitely worth a play, especially since the PSN release has brought a lot of new players to the servers, and a lot of vets back. Definitely go buy it.
Newdle107

PSN Name: Newdle107

Postby Khorde » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:19 pm

I have a couple of questions about the different versions, since I am also thinking about getting this now.

How is the English of the asian and/or japanese version? I heard that there are more people playing on the asian servers compared to the european servers (living in Europe) but am a bit worried about diminishing the experience if the English in the game is flawed or.. you know, Asian-style silly.

Also, I wont be able to play until maybe April, do you guys think that there still will be people playing on the European servers then? is there anywhere you can monitor the number of people currently playing?

I'm asking because I have the opportunity to purchase it from S.Korea or Japan but would like to know if I should maybe just get the European version later back home; that is if there are people playing in Europe again.
a binary tool
Khorde

Postby King Allant » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm

If I were you get the ASIAN VERSION the online is non-stop! I have the NA version and had waited hours to be summoned or invade weekends are good, but ASIA its NON STOP!!!!!!
King Allant

Postby Khorde » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:10 am

King Allant wrote:If I were you get the ASIAN VERSION the online is non-stop! I have the NA version and had waited hours to be summoned or invade weekends are good, but ASIA its NON STOP!!!!!!

Haha, sounds awesome, dude. This would make for a good commercial pitch ;)

But how about the language, is it the same translation for both NA and Asia versions?
a binary tool
Khorde

Return to Demon's Souls Discussions