BEFORE YOU POST

User created strategies and guides and videos related to Demon's Souls. Any link may be removed at the discretion of moderators. Links only. Do NOT embed videos. If you rick roll you WILL REGRET IT ...

BEFORE YOU POST

Postby Fool » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:18 pm

God I wish I could announce this... If I get a warning for it, so be it. I have to rant. Publicly. Without mercy.

CHECK THE WIKI! That's what it is there for. The wiki also has a search function in the top-right corner.

If the wiki doesn't have what you are looking for, CLICK THIS LINK. If you are unsure what to do after clicking that link, type in what you need to know into the search box.

I'm not sure how others feel, but I'm getting kinda tired of answering the same 15 questions that are outlined in plain text on the wiki. I'm more then happy to try and answer a tricky question or point someone in the right direction, but this is getting rediculous. Everyone was new once, I understand. But at the same time, the forums here are to support the wiki, not the other way around.

By using the wiki, your question will get answered 10000000 times faster, I guarantee it.

I'm not trying to discourage new people from posting as we do have a good community here, but please, use the wiki. Countless hours and blood and tears have gone into making it what it is, and it's kind of insulting when a question is posted here that is, quite literally, answerable 2 mouse clicks away.
Fool
Post Whore
Post Whore

Advertisement

Re: BEFORE YOU POST

Postby Ilkar » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:19 pm

This topic is now diamonds.
Stooge: "Ok ... try it Ilkar's way, probably best anyway."

bloodborne.kaizotrap.com/chat/ (The internet's biggest Bloodborne IRC)
youtube.com/IlkarDS
Ilkar
Troll Slayer
Troll Slayer

PSN Name: Ilkarraven

Postby Fool » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:20 pm

Ilkar wrote:This topic is now diamonds.

:gp:
Fool
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Ilkar » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:24 pm

Fool wrote:
Ilkar wrote:This topic is now diamonds.

:gp:

Seriously though, it is a running joke in Vent that almost every question on here involves the words "Ilkar" and an item from 3-1.
It would save everyone a lot of time if people followed the basic rules of questioneering.
A simple progression of the following; if one doesn't work move on to the next one:
Wiki -> Search Forums -> Google -> Post on forums -> PM me ->Vent/IRC.

Simple, no?
Stooge: "Ok ... try it Ilkar's way, probably best anyway."

bloodborne.kaizotrap.com/chat/ (The internet's biggest Bloodborne IRC)
youtube.com/IlkarDS
Ilkar
Troll Slayer
Troll Slayer

PSN Name: Ilkarraven

Postby Fool » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:48 pm

Make forum acount -> Ask question -> get redirected to wiki -> ask same question -> get re-redirected to wiki -> ask same question with different words -> get redirected to gamefaqs.

xD
Fool
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby MeMcDee » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:30 pm

This is a great thread. Unfortunately now we need another post entitled "Before You Post. REALLY" that links directly to this thread. :D

Seriously, the wiki contains the information much more succinctly than what could be written simply here (though I lost my simple button a long time ago). Most people would do themselves a favor by looking at the wiki and then getting information on something that wasn't clear.

Playing online, especially to find out if 2 Soul Levels can play together. FAQ.
World and Character Tendencies. FAQ.
Yes, 3-1. What do I get if I rescue Rydell? How do I rescue Rydell? Where's the key to rescue Rydell? Who is the blue guy stuck in the cell and why can't I get it open? FAQ.

In the wiki, FYI.
I saw you standing there, smiling and I just had to wipe that smile off your face...with my sword.
MeMcDee

PSN Name: abcdee3d

Postby grailer » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:22 pm

wiki also contains alot of spoilers so I would recommend not using the site till you beat the game at least once .

I mean if I told you that in the movie inception that the wife commits suicide in the dream in order to return to the real world. When Cobb himself returns, he is charged with his wife’s murder and has to flee with his children.

you would be like hell mad at me for just ruining the movie for you. So you understand what Im saying right ?
I kill N00bs for fun
grailer
BANNED
BANNED

Postby TheJoker » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:26 pm

there isnt a story to this game, so there arent really any spoilers...
TheJoker

PSN Name: KabrawlyZ

Postby grailer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:11 pm

TheJoker wrote:there isnt a story to this game, so there arent really any spoilers...

are you serious? there is a story to the game , maybe not a very deep one but definately a story.
I kill N00bs for fun
grailer
BANNED
BANNED

Postby fresh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Fool wrote:God I wish I could announce this... If I get a warning for it, so be it. I have to rant. Publicly. Without mercy.

CHECK THE WIKI! That's what it is there for. The wiki also has a search function in the top-right corner.

If the wiki doesn't have what you are looking for, CLICK THIS LINK. If you are unsure what to do after clicking that link, type in what you need to know into the search box.

I'm not sure how others feel, but I'm getting kinda tired of answering the same 15 questions that are outlined in plain text on the wiki. I'm more then happy to try and answer a tricky question or point someone in the right direction, but this is getting rediculous. Everyone was new once, I understand. But at the same time, the forums here are to support the wiki, not the other way around.

By using the wiki, your question will get answered 10000000 times faster, I guarantee it.

I'm not trying to discourage new people from posting as we do have a good community here, but please, use the wiki. Countless hours and blood and tears have gone into making it what it is, and it's kind of insulting when a question is posted here that is, quite literally, answerable 2 mouse clicks away.

I like your signature :)
fresh

Return to Guides and Videos