World Tendency Black to White; do NPCs carry over?

User created strategies and guides and videos related to Demon's Souls. Any link may be removed at the discretion of moderators. Links only. Do NOT embed videos. If you rick roll you WILL REGRET IT ...

World Tendency Black to White; do NPCs carry over?

Postby Cloud302 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:27 am

If I go into a world with pure black world tendency, and kill an NPC black phantom, like Rydel, Scirvir, or Selen Vinland, and then later, (after I've killed their black phantoms), I return to those worlds while in pure white world tendency, will those characters still show up in body form, or no?

To be clear, this would all be happening in the same playthrough.
Cloud302

Advertisement

Re: World Tendency Black to White; do NPCs carry over?

Postby mmghouse » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Yes. In each playthrough, there is one Black NPC and one Non-black NPC. Killing one does not affect the presence of the other. In other words, if you murder Selen in PWWT, and later get PBWT, her black phantom be there. Same for Miralda and all of the other phantoms.

(I can confirm this based on my own experience: I usually will start a playthrough online to get almost PWWT, beat 1-1, suicide in the Nexus and return to 1-1 to kill Miralda right away. Then I'll Thomas dupe the ephemeral eyes, repeat suicide in 1-1 to get PBWT, and kill Miralda's BP as well. I'll do all of this before proceeding in the game because you can play as Miralda as low as SL5 with a Temple Knight's stats, and it's pretty fun to play the game that way. ;))
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby Cloud302 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:21 pm

Alright, so going from white world tendency to black world tendency definitely doesn't effect this then. But what about the other way around? It's just that, with a game like this, I wouldn't be all that surprised if the reverse doesn't hold true. So, do you know firsthand whether killing a black NPC phantom in pure black world tendency would effect their body form in pure white world tendency, in the same playthrough?
Cloud302

Postby mmghouse » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:56 pm

I know for sure that it works that way as well. I have killed Scirvir BP and Rydell BP many a time before getting PWWT and interacting with their counterpart. (Rydell doesn't require PWWT, but you get my point.)
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby Cloud302 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Thanks a ton. I really appreciate it.
Cloud302

Return to Guides and Videos