Can't summon in Demons Souls!!

User created strategies and guides and videos related to Demon's Souls. Any link may be removed at the discretion of moderators. Links only. Do NOT embed videos. If you rick roll you WILL REGRET IT ...

Can't summon in Demons Souls!!

Postby phoenix35+ » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi all.
I have just purchased Demons Souls, although I have been playing Dark Souls and DS2 on the 360 for some time.
The issue I have is that as yet, I have not seen a single summon sign, and have had to make somewhat slow progress on my own. Likewise, after I beat a boss, I go back and place my own summon sign after returning to soul form. So far I have not been summoned a single time, despite waiting for an hour one time. My soul level is around 30, which seems to match the wiki guides for the bosses I have fought. Am I doing something wrong, or are people just not playing this game with new characters any more?

Thanks in advance for any insights.
phoenix35+

PSN Name: easylifeAddict

Advertisement

Re: Can't summon in Demons Souls!!

Postby Astro_Train » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:28 pm

it may be the case that the only people playing the game have chars in SL 120 range. Demons Souls is a bit easier I feel than Dark Souls 2 and it is shorter in terms of levels. There is also plenty of good builds you can look up on its wiki. I say just keep pushing forward and learn the layout of the game first and then make a second toon with a more dedicated build. Or look up some builds and shoot for one of them. You cannot go wrong with a Faith or Blueblood build or maybe Meatcleaver build.
NA PSN= AztroTrain
Demons Souls Toons= SL 124 Faith Build SL 125 Quality Build SL 124 BBS Build
Dark Souls Toons= SL 125 Dex/Faith SL 100 STR/Faith
Astro_Train

Postby mmghouse » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:48 pm

Weekends are best bet, and places like 4-1 or 2-1 or 1-2 at low levels tend to be hotter summon places, or 1-3 at higher levels (like sl 40-60, if I recall). 1-4 is a good place to drop a sign from about 60-90.

EU server is pretty dead, if sources are correct. Weekends are your best bet, but even then it's slim pickings.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby phoenix35+ » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Thanks people.
Will carry on regardless I guess, thanks for the suggestions. Today I did see a summon sign ONCE!! Granted, it just said summoning failed when I touched it, but never the less I saw one! Helped me to not feel quite so alone haha.
phoenix35+

PSN Name: easylifeAddict

Return to Guides and Videos