Dark Souls Wiki Now Available for Edits

News

Dark Souls Wiki Now Available for Edits

Postby LightningCount » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:12 pm

I'm sure that most, if not all of you, have realized by now that the Dark Souls Wiki is now available for edits! If you have any new information to share with the rest of the community, feel free to contribute to the wiki!

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/
LightningCount

Advertisement

Re: Dark Souls Wiki Now Available for Edits

Postby Drahcir » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:23 pm

Awesome, Can you sign in with your DS Wiki account?
Sig by Oroboro
Drahcir

PSN Name: MegaManX_

Postby LightningCount » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Yes. For those of you who have accounts on the Demon's Souls wiki, you can use the same account for the Dark Souls wiki. Just make sure to join the site by clicking "Join the Site" while logged in on the sidebar!
LightningCount

Postby BowseR » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Bravo!! seriously very happy to see that the dark souls wiki is already up... already lots of info on it as well. thanks for some speedy service! :) if i ever come across something i can update ill be sure to help.
BowseR

PSN Name: nbbowser

Postby Darkest Soul » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:45 am

I posted a bunch one useful information regard the locations of Dragon scale, and I have noticed that the page is empty. Why would someone delete useful information? This may be an on going problem. I figured I should contribute as there isn't a lot of information on the DKS wiki site.
Darkest Soul

PSN Name: consumer82, Darkest Souls, Darkest of Souls

Postby Yaafm » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:43 am

I added the stone armor you can pick up in darkroot garden when I noticed the wiki calls the 'Stone Knights' - 'Giant Stone Soldiers'. I was wondering if it would be ok for me or someone else to rename them. And if so, is there an easy way to do it. Like 'change all instance of this name with this name'?

Also, how are people adding the images for the items to the wiki. Screen shot from there TV and uploaded somwhere? or is there some sorta group account to host the images at or what?

Sorry my first wiki im editing.
Yaafm

PSN Name: Dushan

Postby Dark Ninja X » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Im on my phone andI don't have a computer, but I have some pictures of items and weapons with discriptions I wanted to post any one willing to help? They might be good to add to the site. Thx
Dark Ninja X

PSN Name: Dark Ninja X

Postby DavidScott » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:44 am

I hate to be a complainer, but I was kind of hoping for more from the wiki by now. The Demon's Souls Wiki was by far the most useful resource I'd ever seen for that game, and I was hoping the Dark Souls wiki would be thrown together a little fater than this. I know I'm not helping any by saying it, but it makes me sad when all the pages I want to view don't exist yet. :(
DavidScott

PSN Name: DavidScott

Postby lomdecaverne » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:52 am

I wasn't there for DeS, but i guess it was filled up very much slowly. I think that people prefer play the game than spend their time for the wiki. But I also think that everybody is welcome to help fill it :D.
lomdecaverne

PSN Name: lomdecaverne

Postby MeMcDee » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:23 pm

lomdecaverne wrote:I wasn't there for DeS, but i guess it was filled up very much slowly. I think that people prefer play the game than spend their time for the wiki. But I also think that everybody is welcome to help fill it :D.

Exactly right. The wiki can only fill up when people have really played the game. I have found things in the strategy guide that are not quite accurate as well, but this could only be found out by playing. It is very much a work in progress ALWAYS. Even the DS wiki has never been really completed since some things are constantly being found out that are different from what someone else has written there.

The wiki is a community project. Stooge and Ilkar created the guidebook that came with the EU version of Demon's Souls and Stooge was quick to point out that it wasn't just their creation, but that everyone that contributed to the wiki had a part in it.

If you take for instance one seemingly simple thing-how to kill the Hellkite (red) dragon on the bridge above the rats you will see there have already been many edits, simply because some tactics were not working for some people because he became invisible. It takes time to discover and verify the information that is put there and then someone can come along and completely rewrite what has been written which means someone might have to go back and fix it.

Also, it is a very large undertaking. Demon's Souls was big, huge. This is bound to be even bigger since the game is.
I saw you standing there, smiling and I just had to wipe that smile off your face...with my sword.
MeMcDee

PSN Name: abcdee3d

Postby iaincmet » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:11 am

Just added a Ranged Strategy for the Black Knight in the Undead Burg :)

Not sure if I have the formatting right, but its there for anyone to move to where it is needed etc
iaincmet

PSN Name: Grimmsqueaker

Postby iGBx » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:54 pm

LightningCount wrote:If you have any new information to share with the rest of the community, feel free to contribute to the wiki!

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/

Hey, I just got a shield that is not listed on the wiki's list of 40 shields.http://darksouls.wikidot.com/shields 8-)

Gargoyle's Shield
Weapon type: Shield
Attack type: Strike

Bronze shield of the gargoyle guarding the Bell of Awakening in the Undead Church. The gargoyle's skin is tough by itself, and perhaps its shield may have been a prop, for it is a rare example of a metal shield that does not reduce physical damage 100%.

ATK
Phys - 62
Mag - 0
Fire - 0
Light - 0
Critical - 100

Param Bonus - D

Aux Effects - 0 0 - -

DmgReduction%
Phys - 85.0
Mag - 40.0
Fire - 75.0
Light - 70.0
Stability - 56

ReqParam - 12 0 0 0

Durability - 300

Weight - 4.0

Treasure left after killing the 1st gargoyle in Anor Londo, with 300 item discovery. Sorry if it is listed somewhere else there but I can't find it. :P

EDIT - Earlier I got a Man-serpent Greatsword. I checked the straight swords tab on the wiki's weapons page http://darksouls.wikidot.com/weapons and this weapon is listed, but is wrongly called Sword of the Human Serpent. :|
iGBx

PSN Name: iGBx

Postby GullFire » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:52 am

iGBx wrote:Hey, I just got a shield that is not listed on the wiki's list of 40 shields.http://darksouls.wikidot.com/shields 8-)

made a new page for this and added it to the main index

thanks for the info
GullFire

Return to News