Steam sale!

News

Steam sale!

Postby Stooge » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:08 am

Hi,

Steam has some really good deals right now. I just picked up the Walking Dead with all five game episodes. Finished the first two and the shit is amazingly good. I hate zombie movies, games, etc. but this isn't really about zombies scaring the hell out of you, but it is more about the relationships between the characters, how they survive, choices they make, etc. Good stuff.

They also have Dark Souls PTD edition on sale 1/2 off.

Great deals on a lot of good games actually.
Stooge
Sir Cares-A-Lot
Sir Cares-A-Lot

PSN Name: CageStooge

Advertisement

Re: Steam sale!

Postby keropi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:21 am

if only multiplayer wasn't a hit-and-miss on the pc... I tried several times during the vacations with 4000-5000 people online... the forest worked for me only 1 day, all the others it was a graveyard. It's really a hit-and-miss situation :cry:
It was only good at the launch of the game with 8-10K online players :cry:
Image Image I believe.
keropi

PSN Name: keropi_666

Postby Stooge » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:13 am

keropi wrote:if only multiplayer wasn't a hit-and-miss on the pc... I tried several times during the vacations with 4000-5000 people online... the forest worked for me only 1 day, all the others it was a graveyard. It's really a hit-and-miss situation :cry:
It was only good at the launch of the game with 8-10K online players :cry:

Might pick up steam (pun intended) with the 1/2 off sale ...
Stooge
Sir Cares-A-Lot
Sir Cares-A-Lot

Postby Cyn » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:20 am

Steam is like a sofa shop. There's always a sale on but very few are any good.
Cyn

PSN Name: MrCyn

Postby Stooge » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:26 am

Cyn wrote:Steam is like a sofa shop. There's always a sale on but very few are any good.

If you don't think those games on sale right now are good, then I can't help you. Those are some really great games up there, and for anyone who doesn't have them, now is the time to pick them up.
Stooge
Sir Cares-A-Lot
Sir Cares-A-Lot

Postby Cyn » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:44 am

No I mean the sale prices are rarely good
Cyn

Postby Stooge » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Cyn wrote:No I mean the sale prices are rarely good

Oh. Sorry, misunderstood you. Yes, sometimes the sale prices are not all that good, but sometimes they are crazy cheap. I mean both Batman Arkham games for like 13 bucks? That's insanely good. If you've never played them, you should get them. I spent 60 bucks on both the damn things and I consider that money well spent. To get them both for 13 is damned good.

Sure as hell aren't going to pick them up for that at Gamestop. Then again, to be fair, Gamestop is more for consoles than PC games.

They've also got crazy good prices on the Civ franchise stuff right now too. I will, however, say this much. Don't pick up Sid Meier's Colonization. That game was awful. The premise was great, the problem was you HAD to declare your independence as fast as possible and thus end your game. You couldn't take your time and build up some huge empire, because the British just kept demanding more and more from you faster and faster. To me, the whole point of the Civ world is to create an alternate version of history, not force me to pretty much follow the exact historical path of the American revolution.
Stooge
Sir Cares-A-Lot
Sir Cares-A-Lot

Postby Cyn » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:27 pm

I've actually just recently got the second batman game off PS+. I haven't played it yet and to be honest am not a batman fan, but hey it was free

I did see the entire Total War collection on Steam a few months ago for £20 I think it was. That was a great deal but they're few and far between
Cyn

Postby Stooge » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Cyn wrote:I've actually just recently got the second batman game off PS+. I haven't played it yet and to be honest am not a batman fan, but hey it was free

I did see the entire Total War collection on Steam a few months ago for £20 I think it was. That was a great deal but they're few and far between

Not a batman fan, either. In fact, I'm not a fan of any comic book heroes. The game was still awesome though.
Stooge
Sir Cares-A-Lot
Sir Cares-A-Lot

Return to News