Looking at my old posts in retrospect...

Stuff NOT related to Demon's souls.
This forum no longer purges on a scheduled basis. Instead it does not increment your post count. Either method has the same intended result, but not purging allows the posts to remain in place for future reference.

Looking at my old posts in retrospect...

Postby Cam » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:49 am

I conveyed my words like an autistic person.

Maybe I still post like an autistic person! :shock:
Am I autistic?
Asher wrote:I've got a sword and board warrior going so its up close an personal with their fat faces
Cam
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:32 am
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: slabofiron

Advertisement

Re: Looking at my old posts in retrospect...

Postby Tsmp » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:25 am

You should talk to a real doctor about that, it's very easy to fool yourself into thinking you have some problem even when you really don't.

I'm autistic, and generally post like an autistic person. I wouldn't say you post like me.
Image
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 11:47 pm
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: TSMP1

Re: Looking at my old posts in retrospect...

Postby Cam » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:36 am

True. Internet diagnosis is rarely accurate. Describe common cold symptoms and suddenly I have cancer.

I post kind of like you. On the other hand, I display my sense of humor and I'm very emotionally swayed.
Asher wrote:I've got a sword and board warrior going so its up close an personal with their fat faces
Cam
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:32 am
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: slabofiron

Re: Looking at my old posts in retrospect...

Postby Tsmp » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:54 am

Cam wrote:True. Internet diagnosis is rarely accurate. Describe common cold symptoms and suddenly I have cancer.

I post kind of like you. On the other hand, I display my sense of humor and I'm very emotionally swayed.

I wouldn't know, and I'm not going to guess because I'm not a doctor so my guess wouldn't mean shit. Even personal experience won't apply here because ASD is a spectrum disorder. Symptoms can vary in severity between negligible and fully disabling, so my own experiences with it wouldn't necessarily be someone else's.

How to say... it's natural that we'd post kind of like each other because we're both very much obsessed with these games. We revel in the details, and our posts reflect that. Obsessive behavior is one of the symptoms of ASD, but between a person with autism who is obsessed with some subject and a normal person who simply has a wide spread of knowledge on the same subject, you'd be hard pressed to find a difference on that alone. Especially when we're posting on the internet like this, where the delayed development in social skills is effectively rendered null. You know how body language and non-verbal cues are said to account for 90% of communication? That doesn't apply to text.

If you're seriously wondering, talk to a specialist but keep in mind that ASD is a commonly misdiagnosed condition due to the fact that it's still being studied and the criteria for diagnosis has a tendency to change as new things are found. Though if you're able to interact with your IRL friends normally and maintain a normal standard of living, you're probably fine.
Image
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 11:47 pm
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: TSMP1

Re: Looking at my old posts in retrospect...

Postby Juli » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:58 am

Note from "Juli"
 Do not speculate whether or not other members are autistic without their permission. 
Image
Formerly Saturday-Saint
Juli
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 2:34 pm
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: TalentedJuli

Re: Looking at my old posts in retrospect...

Postby Cam » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:17 pm

Tsmp wrote:
Cam wrote:True. Internet diagnosis is rarely accurate. Describe common cold symptoms and suddenly I have cancer.

I post kind of like you. On the other hand, I display my sense of humor and I'm very emotionally swayed.

I wouldn't know, and I'm not going to guess because I'm not a doctor so my guess wouldn't mean shit. Even personal experience won't apply here because ASD is a spectrum disorder. Symptoms can vary in severity between negligible and fully disabling, so my own experiences with it wouldn't necessarily be someone else's.

How to say... it's natural that we'd post kind of like each other because we're both very much obsessed with these games. We revel in the details, and our posts reflect that. Obsessive behavior is one of the symptoms of ASD, but between a person with autism who is obsessed with some subject and a normal person who simply has a wide spread of knowledge on the same subject, you'd be hard pressed to find a difference on that alone. Especially when we're posting on the internet like this, where the delayed development in social skills is effectively rendered null. You know how body language and non-verbal cues are said to account for 90% of communication? That doesn't apply to text.

If you're seriously wondering, talk to a specialist but keep in mind that ASD is a commonly misdiagnosed condition due to the fact that it's still being studied and the criteria for diagnosis has a tendency to change as new things are found. Though if you're able to interact with your IRL friends normally and maintain a normal standard of living, you're probably fine.

I'm not seriously wondering. It was just kind of a "I could be, and I'd probably never even be able to tell because I see myself differently than others see me". I wasn't trying to be offensive to people with any form of autism. This really was just meant to be a light-hearted topic that really serves no real purpose. I guess, case closed.

EDIT:
Sorry, Saint. I wasn't speculating seriously, it was more of a "teehee" kind of thing, but I can see how this whole thread was taken completely out of context.
Asher wrote:I've got a sword and board warrior going so its up close an personal with their fat faces
Cam
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:32 am
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: slabofiron


Return to Off Topic / Misc

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

  • Advertisement