So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls. (Eitr at E3!!)

Stuff NOT related to Demon's souls.
This forum no longer purges on a scheduled basis. Instead it does not increment your post count. Either method has the same intended result, but not purging allows the posts to remain in place for future reference.

So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls. (Eitr at E3!!)

Postby Derity » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:40 pm

UPDATE:

So a lot has happend over the past months, we signed a publishing deal with Devolver and have been accepted by Sony to be on PS4 and we even got to get invited to have our game at E3 and be shown on the PlayStation conference.

We're so happy at the amount of support we've had thus far and are trying to make the game as best as we can :D

Please check out our latest trailer that was shown at E3 here:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4EWdcoSpAo

--------------------------------

Hey everyone, jeez it's been a while since I've been around here!

Anyway, since I first played Demon's Souls I knew that there was just something special about this game, it has a special place in my heart and in the past I've always made games as a hobby, but over the past six or so months, me and a friend decided that we wanted to quit our jobs and work on one of our games full time.

The game is heavily inspired by the Souls series, today we released our first gameplay video and I really would like to gather some feedback from you guys specifically, hence why I'm posting it here.

Please take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziuOCGlO4LM

Would be great to hear some of your thoughts, we've literally poured our souls into this one. ;)
Last edited by Derity on Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently working on Eitr, an Action RPG. Check it out here.
User avatar
Derity
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:13 am
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

Advertisement

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls.

Postby mmghouse » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:54 am

Looks quite fun. I like how rolls, parries and guardbreaks are portrayed, and the difficulty looks about right. It's hard to say how much stat improvement and scaling, etc is in the game, but it looks fun. Also, are there a variety of weapon classes?
Image
PSN mmghouse
User avatar
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord
 
Posts: 3902
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:38 pm
Location: Central Time
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: mmghouse

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls.

Postby keropi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:22 am

really nice!!! can't wait to see how you evolve this , I've subscribed to the channel to get updates :D
Image Image I believe.
User avatar
keropi
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:23 am
Country: Greece (gr)
PSN Name: keropi_666

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls.

Postby Mephistophelea » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Oh I really like what I am seeing, its looking great. Wish you all the luck to fulfill your dream, definitely keep us updated. :)
Image
Mephistophelea
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:23 pm
Country: Czech Republic (cz)
PSN Name: Mephistophea

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls.

Postby Derity » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys.

mmghouse wrote:Looks quite fun. I like how rolls, parries and guardbreaks are portrayed, and the difficulty looks about right. It's hard to say how much stat improvement and scaling, etc is in the game, but it looks fun. Also, are there a variety of weapon classes?


We're still discussing our options on this, we're thinking about adding additional character classes to the game and the character you choose would determine your weapon set, though we haven't made any firm decisions on this yet. It is something that adds quite a lot of development to implement due to our Pixel-Art theme.

As for stats, they're something that will be undergoing balancing all the way up to release, one big difference with the stat system we're going to have is we want each stat point to have more impact on a character attributes, we want players to be able to easily notice the effects of every stat point they increase and this will also result in characters levels being generally lower than what we see in Souls.
Currently working on Eitr, an Action RPG. Check it out here.
User avatar
Derity
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:13 am
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls.

Postby mmghouse » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:29 pm

I like the "make each point count" idea quite a bit.
Image
PSN mmghouse
User avatar
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord
 
Posts: 3902
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:38 pm
Location: Central Time
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: mmghouse

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls.

Postby Juli » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:33 am

I am loving the design of the protag. Also really like the heavy breathing when she runs out of stamina, does a great job upping the tense/claustrophobic feeling. Overall, what I get from that trailer is a game that I've been wanting to see for a while. Something that takes the isometric dungeon-crawling/horror aspects of the first Diablo and makes the combat mechanics more interesting.
Image
Formerly Saturday-Saint
Juli
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 2:34 pm
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: TalentedJuli

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls. (Eitr at E3!!

Postby Derity » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:52 pm

Hey everyone, thanks again for the kind words, we're still heavy at work developing the game.

We signed a deal with Devolver Digital to bring the game to PS4 and PC in 2016!

I've updated the original post with the new trailer and deets :)

PS. Can you believe I went to E3 and didn't get to see Dark Souls 3 :'( lol
Currently working on Eitr, an Action RPG. Check it out here.
User avatar
Derity
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:13 am
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls. (Eitr at E3!!

Postby Juli » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:33 pm

I've been seeing Eitr get mentioned a lot in the wake of E3. Glad to see it's picking up more steam. A bummer that I have to wait until 2016 to play it, though :(
Image
Formerly Saturday-Saint
Juli
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 2:34 pm
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: TalentedJuli

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls. (Eitr at E3!!

Postby Magicisoverrated » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Derity wrote:Hey everyone, thanks again for the kind words, we're still heavy at work developing the game.



There's a certain charm to isometric games and spelunking, but i feel a lot of the charm of these games derives from doing it with your friends. If you're making the game to require timing like a true souls game then i see how much of that value is lost in cooperative mode, however, much of what made Demon's Souls and Dark Souls so popular and gave them such a strong fan following is their passive online features, maybe that isn't your vision and i respect that but do you have any plans to incorporate online into the game?
Image
Magicisoverrated
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:22 pm
Country: Antarctica (aq)
PSN Name: Magicisoverrated

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls. (Eitr at E3!!

Postby Derity » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Juli wrote:I've been seeing Eitr get mentioned a lot in the wake of E3. Glad to see it's picking up more steam. A bummer that I have to wait until 2016 to play it, though :(


Maybe we can fix that for ya. 8-)
Currently working on Eitr, an Action RPG. Check it out here.
User avatar
Derity
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:13 am
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls. (Eitr at E3!!

Postby Derity » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:34 pm

Magicisoverrated wrote:
Derity wrote:Hey everyone, thanks again for the kind words, we're still heavy at work developing the game.



There's a certain charm to isometric games and spelunking, but i feel a lot of the charm of these games derives from doing it with your friends. If you're making the game to require timing like a true souls game then i see how much of that value is lost in cooperative mode, however, much of what made Demon's Souls and Dark Souls so popular and gave them such a strong fan following is their passive online features, maybe that isn't your vision and i respect that but do you have any plans to incorporate online into the game?


It's something we're definitely talking about and giving thought to, we've got some cool ideas for online features, I guess the main problem is that we're just a two man team and building a full online multiplayer component would take a lot of time, so we're considering alternatives and still coming up with ideas for systems that could work and add some form of connection between players.

Things like PVP are simple to create, we've actually already built local PVP and played it just to see if it works well (works very well) but when it comes to things like co-op where the game would require rebalancing, enemy A.I would need reworking to accomodate multiple targets, etc etc - things start to become more complicated.

So I wouldn't rule it out yet, we will likely have some form of online component, but it will most likely not be done in a co-op adventure-like way.
Currently working on Eitr, an Action RPG. Check it out here.
User avatar
Derity
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:13 am
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls. (Eitr at E3!!

Postby Magicisoverrated » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:42 pm

Derity wrote:
So I wouldn't rule it out yet, we will likely have some form of online component, but it will most likely not be done in a co-op adventure-like way.


That's very exciting. Please let me know if there are any ways the fans can directly help or donate to the project to make this a reality. I'm looking forward to hearing more.
Image
Magicisoverrated
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:22 pm
Country: Antarctica (aq)
PSN Name: Magicisoverrated

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls. (Eitr at E3!!

Postby Derity » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:25 pm

Magicisoverrated wrote:
Derity wrote:
So I wouldn't rule it out yet, we will likely have some form of online component, but it will most likely not be done in a co-op adventure-like way.


That's very exciting. Please let me know if there are any ways the fans can directly help or donate to the project to make this a reality. I'm looking forward to hearing more.


Yeah, absolutely! We're eventually going to send out a demo to some select people and I really do want to get some Souls / Diablo fans involved - I feel feedback from experienced players is going to be extremely valuable to us in our quest to making Eitr the best game we can make it be. :)
Currently working on Eitr, an Action RPG. Check it out here.
User avatar
Derity
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:13 am
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

Re: So, I'm making a game - inspired by Souls. (Eitr at E3!!

Postby Magicisoverrated » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Derity wrote:
Yeah, absolutely! We're eventually going to send out a demo to some select people and I really do want to get some Souls / Diablo fans involved - I feel feedback from experienced players is going to be extremely valuable to us in our quest to making Eitr the best game we can make it be. :)


would ABSOLUTELY love to participate in this, when the time is right, just let me know what you need.
Image
Magicisoverrated
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:22 pm
Country: Antarctica (aq)
PSN Name: Magicisoverrated


Return to Off Topic / Misc

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

  • Advertisement
cron