Souls vs Monster Hunter

Stuff NOT related to Demon's souls.
This forum no longer purges on a scheduled basis. Instead it does not increment your post count. Either method has the same intended result, but not purging allows the posts to remain in place for future reference.

Souls vs Monster Hunter

Postby Repletion » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:55 pm

Am looking for the definitive answer that puts one ahead of the other. I believe they are comparable mainly because of the bitchin' combat systems in both games. But which series really takes the cake? which has all the bells and whistles? At the moment, i am leaning towards the Souls games, but i do love me some Monster Hunter. Hmm....
Repletion

PSN Name: Repletion1

Advertisement

Re: Souls vs Monster Hunter

Postby Aoineko13 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:21 pm

monster hunter felt more like an mmo to me. I hate mmos (in general, I do keep trying them to find an exception.)
DeS AN : Aoineko13 : 125 Spellsword, 119 BBS, 140 ToBSwordRedeemed
Blue's DkS Builds: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15049
"oh its 1 hand, whatever....HOLY FUCK WHERES MY SC???" - Kabralius
Aoineko13

PSN Name: Aoineko13

Postby st1tchy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:25 pm

I love them both. I feel MH is more of a Multiplayer game to me though than a Single Player one. I have played Freedom Unite and Tri, and gone pretty far into each campaign, but it is much more enjoyable to me as a multiplayer game. In the Souls games, I enjoy the single player more than MH's single player. I can play much longer by myself on it than MH.

I think MH has much more variation to it though. The Souls games both have pretty big worlds, but Freedom Unite alone has hundreds of different missions (granted, some are bull crap go-catch-fish-before-time-runs-out missions).

Ultimately, for me, If I had to play one by myself, it would be Souls. If I had friends to play with me, it would be MH. I enjoy both aspect of both though.
Live GT - st1tchy
PSN ID - st1tchyy
Add me if you need help!
st1tchy

PSN Name: st1tchyy

Postby Repletion » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:00 pm

Picked up freedom unite again the other day. I spent a half hour chasing this sand dude and just ran out of time before I could even hit him like twice. I am now certain that souls is better, and I will probably never play freedom unite again. Will have to check out 3 ultimate. I hear the monsters have stamina loss in that one
Repletion

PSN Name: Repletion1

Postby st1tchy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:02 am

I have been playing A LOT of 3U recently. Put 100+ hours on it in the last month or so. Online helps extend the play a lot. I am really looking forward to 4U. Already preordered it!
Live GT - st1tchy
PSN ID - st1tchyy
Add me if you need help!
st1tchy

PSN Name: st1tchyy

Return to Off Topic / Misc