Improving Instructions for Mephistopheles Quest

Please provide any forum or Demon's Souls Wiki site suggestions here.

Improving Instructions for Mephistopheles Quest

Postby RobbRobb » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Hello.

I've gone through the entire process of killing all NPCs to gain the Foe's ring twice, plus a third time where i tried to only kill Yuria. Neither of these times Meph has given me the Foe's ring. And i just read on another website why.

You're supposed to talk to Mephistopheles after you kill every NPC listed on Platinum Trophy Guide page. I've been killing them all in one go, hoping to get the Foe's ring after finally killing Yuria. The Platinum Trophy Guide page of the assumes that the player already understands that this is the process that you must follow. While i understand that it's rather late to propose this now, i still would like to suggest a change to the Mephistopheles section of the page so that potential new players may not have to suffer like i and possibly others already have.

The proposed change is in bold:

Stage 6 - Mephistopheles Quest

This is essential. Mainly to get the Foe's Ring. To unlock this, you must have Pure Black Character Tendancy. If you kill the Crestfallen Warrior in the Nexus, the vendor's in 1-3, 2-1, 3-1, & 4-2. That should be enough. Kill the 5-2 vendor if Meph did not appear after those. Head up to the middle level of the Nexus and you meet Meph. She gives you assassination tasks. Remember that you have to talk to her after every assassination and be handed the next task to actually receive the individual rewards.
RobbRobb

Advertisement

Re: Improving Instructions for Mephistopheles Quest

Postby RobbRobb » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:14 pm

With that said; can someone please spend some time to hand me the all rings and possibly also all of the bladestones to my lvl 82 character or a new one on the NA server? I only need the Foe's ring and a pure bladestone on my main character, but she's level 262 which apparently is too high. I can't stand playing through yet another game to get this ring now that i understand what i've been doing wrong the whole time. And i've already killed 5,000 black skeletons with 300 in drop-rate while using the Large sword of searching without getting a pure bladestone. I've done all the work necessary to get this damn platinum trophy and be done with this game ten times over by now and still haven't got any luck with these things.
RobbRobb

Re: Improving Instructions for Mephistopheles Quest

Postby GullFire » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:55 pm

RobbRobb wrote:...i still would like to suggest a change to the Mephistopheles section of the page so that potential new players may not have to suffer like i and possibly others already have.

The proposed change is in bold:

Stage 6 - Mephistopheles Quest

This is essential. Mainly to get the Foe's Ring. To unlock this, you must have Pure Black Character Tendancy. If you kill the Crestfallen Warrior in the Nexus, the vendor's in 1-3, 2-1, 3-1, & 4-2. That should be enough. Kill the 5-2 vendor if Meph did not appear after those. Head up to the middle level of the Nexus and you meet Meph. She gives you assassination tasks. Remember that you have to talk to her after every assassination and be handed the next task to actually receive the individual rewards.

Hello RobbRobb,

You can edit the wiki yourself, almost anyone can. That said, I've added the changes you asked for to the Platinum Trophy Guide page. I've also added a note to the Mephistopheles page to make the situation clearer.

I appreciate that some parts of the wiki are not as developed as they might be, but please note what is stated at the top of the Platinum Trophy Guide page:
This is not a walkthrough. Use the Wiki alongside this guide.

Thank you
GullFire

Return to Feedback and Suggestions