Opinions on this build

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Demon's Souls.

Opinions on this build

Postby rkobl012 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:03 pm

For the past 5 years, I have been playing around with several builds and have figured out my favorite. I HATE flamelurker so ~75% of my online play is devoted to help people with killing that bastard. My favorite build is as follows:

RH1: +5 Moon Mirdan Hammer
RH2: +5 Kris Blade
LH1: Insanity Catalyst
LH2: Parrying Dagger (for giggles)

Rings: Friends Ring/Ring of Magical Sharpness
Monks Head Collar. 28 Magic/3 Intelligence - everything else really bare bones. My main strategy is to cast homing soul arrow and with all 5 hitting Flamelurker, he has ~25% of his life.

I'm thinking about doing this:

RH1: +5 Moon Mirdan Hammer
RH2: +5 Kris Blade
LH2: Morion Blade

Rings: Clever Rats Ring/Ring of Magical Sharpness
Monks Head Collar - and go all Hyper Mode as well.

What do you guys think?
Also, does the Morion Blade need to be equipped or in use for it's effects. Can I keep it in the LH2 and it still work?

Thanks!
rkobl012

PSN Name: rkobl012

Advertisement

Re: Opinions on this build

Postby Juli » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:25 pm

Honestly it looks like you know what you want and don't need our help. I'll make sure to summon you if I ever see you outside Lurker's fog.

I don't know if HSA gets damage boost from Morion Blade if you switch to it after casting. If it doesn't, I'd replace Kris Blade with iCat so you can get Morion boost for iCat and Moonhammer. And I remember hearing from mage players back in the day that because Friend's Ring and Ring of Magical Sharpness increase damage in different ways, which one is stronger depends on enemy defense and your own stats. So I'd test out each one to see which is the best.

If you've already tested this stuff out, though, then my suggestions won't be of any help at all :P
Formerly Saturday-Saint
Juli

PSN Name: TalentedJuli

Re: Opinions on this build

Postby rkobl012 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:48 am

Ok, so, here's the data:

My relevant stats: Int - 24, Magic - 31, SL 36. New Game.

RH1: Kris Blade +5
Monks Head Wrapping, Friends Ring, Ring of Magical Sharpness

Using the above set-up, I got Flamelurker down to 25% health in 1 hit of homing soul arrow with all 5 orbs hitting him.
I also did ~6000 damage to the rock worm near the boss fog gate in 2-2 with soul ray hitting the head.

RH1: Morion Blade
Monks Head Wrapping, Clever Rats Ring, Ring of Magical Sharpness

Using the hyper mode set up (with <30% health), I ONE SHOTTED Flamelurker. I have to admit, it was pretty awesome. The guy I helped stopped moving pretty fast.
I also did ~11000 damage to the rock worm near the boss fog gate in 2-2 with soul ray hitting the head.

I feel like I crossed off a bucket list item...how sad.

Praise the Sun!
rkobl012

PSN Name: rkobl012

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies