Black Phantom Garl Vinland help?

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Demon's Souls.

Black Phantom Garl Vinland help?

Postby LordDivo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:12 pm

I've got pure white world tendancy but he won't spawn. I know it's pure white, I've got the ladder in 5-1 that leads to the spear. Selene has also vanished from my game, though she was in 5-2 prior to me beating it and Astraea. I have never died in body form in the valley, so I haven't lost any of my white world tendancy. I don't understand why he's not spawning. I've tried visiting in body form, visiting with Astraea's soul in my inventory, going back to talk to Selene (but she's missing too). I'm terribly confused please help.
LordDivo

PSN Name: LordDivo

Advertisement

Re: Black Phantom Garl Vinland help?

Postby cronotis » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:05 pm

I suspect you had PWWT at one time and your WT has since blackened to some degree. The ladder in 5-1 will not disappear once it's appeared in the first place, even if WT shifts toward black. Body form Selen and BP Garl only appear in PWWT though. Is it possible body form Selen died somehow? That would've blackened your WT.
Shag said Twizzle.
cronotis

PSN Name: Cronotis

Re: Black Phantom Garl Vinland help?

Postby Bahd_Monkey » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Are you playing online? Whenever you are playing online and load a game, it sets your world tendencies to a "server average." So even if you had PWWT, if you quit, and reloaded your game it will change the WT, usually to a few points below pure white. This won't happen if you are playing offline.
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency
F da Sun... UMBASA BABY!!!
Bahd_Monkey

PSN Name: Bahd_Monkey

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies