[Help] SL15, new player

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Demon's Souls.

Re: [Help] SL15, new player

Postby The_DAO » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:11 am

Oh, I don't believe anyone made it clear on THIS thread - world tendency resets itself to the 'world average' every time you start your game which is usually one-two shades shy of 'white', except maybe for 'world 4' which tends to be a little darker. The only way to 'save' whatever shade you got is to play offline. If you are aiming for 'black' and for whatever reason you had to leave you game, start it offline next time or you'll be back to 'near white'.
PSN ID: The_DAO
Demon's Souls US Edition, SL 140, 273
Dark Souls US Edition, SL 55, 60, 130, 135, 185.

>> Brush your teeth. It's the Law. <<
The_DAO

Advertisement

Postby Ravenclaw » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:38 am

Oshyki wrote:It's not a question of soul level. It's about 40% build quality and 60% skill.

Every conceivable viable build has already been mapped out for you on the forums, and your skill will only develop over time. Just give it time

Okay so just for now, how do I know that I'm in the right zone for me? How do I know where should I go in the game?
And how do I know which weapon is better and which should I use for each zone or parts, it seems like a really big and complicated game with all the upgrading stones/blacksmith that I don't know what to upgrade and where I sohuld go and etc.. For now I'm just moving in 2-1 until I get to the boss, and after that I will return to 1-2 to the Tower Knught and than I will come back to 2-1.

The_DAO wrote:Oh, I don't believe anyone made it clear on THIS thread - world tendency resets itself to the 'world average' every time you start your game which is usually one-two shades shy of 'white', except maybe for 'world 4' which tends to be a little darker. The only way to 'save' whatever shade you got is to play offline. If you are aiming for 'black' and for whatever reason you had to leave you game, start it offline next time or you'll be back to 'near white'.

Okay, for now I'm playing offline because in my new apartment (Im 17 this apartemnt is in my Kibuutz[like village] and when you turn 17 you get your own apparent but actually its 2 minutes away from you parents house literally) and I don't have there internet, and my PS3 in over there and my computer is over here, so that is the reason I keep asking about if I can enter the forums from my cellphone :S

Which build will be good for me if I want to be melee with light armour? - CLICK HERE
Ravenclaw

PSN Name: T_SkuLLy_

Postby Oshyki » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:14 pm

You're over thinking it. Just get stuck in. Worry about builds and weapons later. For now just build up your skill and knowledge of the game through trail and error, just like we all had to in the beginning. It's what the souls games are all about.
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.” ― Bruce Lee
Unfortunately I always find myself in the former category. I get bored very easily :/
Oshyki

PSN Name: Oshyki

Postby Ravenclaw » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:43 am

Oshyki wrote:You're over thinking it. Just get stuck in. Worry about builds and weapons later. For now just build up your skill and knowledge of the game through trail and error, just like we all had to in the beginning. It's what the souls games are all about.

Yes I know I know its mine personality to know everything before I proceed on... I just feeling that it's so hard and you can get to the wrong places everytime because its like an open-world game, and in DkS1 the world is very huge and you can get confused and things like that..
I killed the Tower Knight and its a dead end like you said, to proceed forward I have to kill some Arch Demon I don't know what it means and now I stuck at the Armor Spider, I can't kill him its immpossible!.. Everytime he do his shots that make me stun/ I can move fast ir attack and than he knock me down..
After this boss I should proceed to 2-2? Because in the first part of 1-1 there is a gate that don't open, and after the bridge if I walk right to the next bridge there is a Red-Eye Knight that is very strong and after him in the door behind him there is a really really strong Knight that killed me with 1 hit. So where should I proceed next?
And about upgrading, I have much of shard stones but I can't upgrade the Crescent Falchion +1 because I don't have the right shards for it and I don't know what else I should upgrade.

I will take a picture of mine inventory and stats maybe you will see the situation more clearly.
Thanks for helping and not threw Demon's Souls to the trash :)
((By The Way, DkS2 seems AMAZING!! I have to finish DeS+DkS1 and buy DkS2!!!!! I hope it will not be "dead" when I will buy it..))
Ravenclaw

Postby Oshyki » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:29 pm

There is no wrong place. I'm NA first broad, for years I've only entered a world to retrieve something I want. For you... your only aiming for end game. So every path needs to be walked. Every one is a struggle the 1st few times, so it doesn't matter, just man up and take the challenge on.
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.” ― Bruce Lee
Unfortunately I always find myself in the former category. I get bored very easily :/
Oshyki

Postby Ravenclaw » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Oshyki wrote:There is no wrong place. I'm NA first broad, for years I've only entered a world to retrieve something I want. For you... your only aiming for end game. So every path needs to be walked. Every one is a struggle the 1st few times, so it doesn't matter, just man up and take the challenge on.

So just walk as far as I can in each world and keep leveling up and upgrade weapons I think I sohuld upgrade? even if I think its wrong and I will get another weapon that is better to upgrade?
Can you please help me with a starting build for the class Hunter as a melee? I don't know what all the names of the builds in the builds page in the Wiki and I don't want to choose an hard build or complicated build or something like that..
Ravenclaw

Postby Vumsy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:22 pm

If you ask for a 120-125 PvP build, you'll get LOTS of inputs, regarding the optimal PvE build, it's pretty easy. Whatever weapon you like, upgraded to whatever you like, and 99 in each stat. Like I said, just think about what you need and level up accordingly. As long as you want a PvP build, just ask someone to delevel you and respec.

However, this doesn't work in DkS, but by then you're a veteran player from DeS, so who cares?
I'm not trying to seem like the big genius that's always right about the big picture... I just am.
Vumsy

PSN Name: Vumsy

Postby Bahd_Monkey » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:46 pm

For the Spider Boss of 2-1, if you enter the fog on the far left, there will be a body against the wall. If you stand behind it against the wall, you can safely use your bow to take out the boss.

After that, you can just go exploring. You'll find lots of neat stuff in any of the worlds you have access to. 2-2, and 3-1 are both very big and confusing, but they also have lots of gear to find. IF you can spare the souls, learning the miracle evacuate is very handy, as it will transport you back to the nexus with all of the souls you've gained. It does the same thing as a Shard of Archstone, make sure you have either the miracle or some shards before you go romping through 2-2. I still get lost in there :(

I'd recommend you always keep your thieves ring on and get good at using your bow to thin out groups, or weakening enemies before you have to melee them.

In 3-1 there is an imprisoned mage that you can rescue. If you free him he will return to the Nexus and can teach you some really good spells. You can trade him the soul from the boss of 1-2 for the spell Warding that reduces physical damage taken by 70% for 40 seconds, which can be a real life saver through out the rest of the game!
F da Sun... UMBASA BABY!!!
Bahd_Monkey

PSN Name: Bahd_Monkey

Postby Ravenclaw » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:29 pm

Vumsy wrote:If you ask for a 120-125 PvP build, you'll get LOTS of inputs, regarding the optimal PvE build, it's pretty easy. Whatever weapon you like, upgraded to whatever you like, and 99 in each stat. Like I said, just think about what you need and level up accordingly. As long as you want a PvP build, just ask someone to delevel you and respec.

However, this doesn't work in DkS, but by then you're a veteran player from DeS, so who cares?

I think I will be just a regular PvE for now, I will focus on PvP in DkS1 or DkS2. So just level whatever I like?
I just don't know how much faith/luck/int I should have because I don't see a way it can help me somehow..

Bahd_Monkey wrote:For the Spider Boss of 2-1, if you enter the fog on the far left, there will be a body against the wall. If you stand behind it against the wall, you can safely use your bow to take out the boss.

After that, you can just go exploring. You'll find lots of neat stuff in any of the worlds you have access to. 2-2, and 3-1 are both very big and confusing, but they also have lots of gear to find. IF you can spare the souls, learning the miracle evacuate is very handy, as it will transport you back to the nexus with all of the souls you've gained. It does the same thing as a Shard of Archstone, make sure you have either the miracle or some shards before you go romping through 2-2. I still get lost in there :(

I'd recommend you always keep your thieves ring on and get good at using your bow to thin out groups, or weakening enemies before you have to melee them.

In 3-1 there is an imprisoned mage that you can rescue. If you free him he will return to the Nexus and can teach you some really good spells. You can trade him the soul from the boss of 1-2 for the spell Warding that reduces physical damage taken by 70% for 40 seconds, which can be a real life saver through out the rest of the game!

I killed the boss in 2-1, I don't know if I should proceed to 2-2 or 3-1 they are both seems difficult.
And I don't have much arrows, you think I should buy more of them?
Ravenclaw

Postby Oshyki » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:25 am

Luck? Did you read that guide I gave you?
Oshyki

Postby Ravenclaw » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:03 am

Oshyki wrote:Luck? Did you read that guide I gave you?

Yes I did read your guide, but as I said I don't know which build I am. I don't know what is this Blue Blood Build so I don't know what stats to increase. In the guide you wrote forst upgrade weapons and than levels, but I can't upgrade weapons (can't upgrade mine Crescent Falchion +1 to +2), and the other weapons/armor not seems like they worth spending souls/shards on them. Now my vit and end is like 20 each of them.
By writing I need to have 100mp you mean the blue scale in between the HP and ENDURANCE? And I sohuld increase my faith as fast as I can to lvl 16?
And about attacking stats, I don't know the weapons in the game and which I will play, I did increase a little bit the STR and DEX but it was before reading all the guides. I don'y know which weapons I will use as Light Armor player, so I can't lvl it right now only vit/end?
There isn't some build to follow? just as you say? for now only vit/end until I have to increase one of mine attacking stats? and that's the big deal?
Ravenclaw

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Answer to a few of your questions.

Upgrade material for the cresent upgrade path is dark moon You can get shards from the crystal lizards in world 4 early on as well as chunks and pure later on in the world. The scyth wielding enemies also drop them from time to time. You can only upgrade this weapon at the blacksmith in 2.1.

The crescent falchion will out damage all of your current weapons at the moment regardless of what the base damage is. Stick with this weapon for the time being.

For world 4 the best kind of weapon is a blunt weapon so either your fist or a club bought from world 1 merchant. The club will serve you well but as far as i can recall it is non upgradeable.

We cannot tell you what build you want to play - that decision is yours. What people here are saying is for the time being level up where necessary. End and vit are the most important for now. You can decide later what you want to do with your offensive stats.

General rule of thumb - if you like big weapons = strength - fast weapons and range = dex - range = magic.

All builds are viable for PvE so long as you can get your weapons upgraded. This is coming from one of many who have completed this at sl1.

Ps. Armour is not important in this game so stop worrying about it. Best light armour in my opinion is black leather in 3.1- armour is also non upgradable
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Postby Ravenclaw » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:21 am

M3mnoch_1987 wrote:Answer to a few of your questions.

Upgrade material for the cresent upgrade path is dark moon You can get shards from the crystal lizards in world 4 early on as well as chunks and pure later on in the world. The scyth wielding enemies also drop them from time to time. You can only upgrade this weapon at the blacksmith in 2.1.

The crescent falchion will out damage all of your current weapons at the moment regardless of what the base damage is. Stick with this weapon for the time being.

For world 4 the best kind of weapon is a blunt weapon so either your fist or a club bought from world 1 merchant. The club will serve you well but as far as i can recall it is non upgradeable.

We cannot tell you what build you want to play - that decision is yours. What people here are saying is for the time being level up where necessary. End and vit are the most important for now. You can decide later what you want to do with your offensive stats.

General rule of thumb - if you like big weapons = strength - fast weapons and range = dex - range = magic.

All builds are viable for PvE so long as you can get your weapons upgraded. This is coming from one of many who have completed this at sl1.

Ps. Armour is not important in this game so stop worrying about it. Best light armour in my opinion is black leather in 3.1- armour is also non upgradable

What is the shards/material to upgrade the Crescent Falchion +1? should I upgrade it?

I do want to play as a light armor, I mean fast and strong as I can, I mean using light weapons with shields or something else and not heavy weapons that you use two hands/put on your shoulder, I mean its fine and its good and in that way I played DkS1 before, but I prefer light weapons. So you recommaned to level DEX when its needed to my favorite weapons? and the STR and MAGIC I dont need to level at all?

I just don't know because I saw all the builds in the wiki and there are lot of them and it made me so confused, so I just need to level as I wish? and according to Oshky's guide?

About the black leather suit in 3-1, its the Assassin suit? that the thieves have in the beginning? or if not where is this suit? because that is the armor I'm using right now.

P.S, I saw a guy in youtube (EpicNameBro) that suicide in the Nexus in body form after killing bosses in the game, what change it makes? becuase in the wiki it is written that dying in the Nexus is giving you +0 to the tendency, and in the Nexus there are no events.
And there is a comfort way to enter the forums from the smart phone? in the regular browser its not work well :S
Ravenclaw

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:49 am

I already stated that the upgrade material you need is dark moon stone - you get this from the crystal lizards in world 4 and the scyth wielding enemies in 4.2.

Your best off mixing armours really - i always go heavy legs and arms light chest and the silver mages head piece. The black leather is found in 3.1 as far as i can recall there is no thiefs set. The set im talking about is black and made of leather. Its found in a torture chamber.

Ok so you want something like an uchi or a kilij both of which are in 4.1. You want to raise your strength to the minimum required to be able to use it 1 handes and as a general rule your DEX no higher than 40.

If you have no interest in magic dont level magic up. Oshi advised to raise faith to 16. You need to do this so you can use a miracle called second chance. Basically when you die you get half your health back immediately. To acccess this you need to kill the boss of 4.2 ans rescue saint urbain in 4.2 then talk to him in the nexus.

The reason epicnamebro is killing himself in the nexus is either A. He doesnt want to be invaded or B. He is trying to keep a certain tendancy in a world. Your world tendancy only shifts when you die when you are in body form (100% hp). If you die when hollow no world tendancy changes.

I.e to get a world fully black you need to kill yourself in body form around 7 times. If you killed yourself when hollow nothing would happen.

There is no mobile site for phone so we have to make do with a desktop view
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

M3mnoch_1987

Postby Ravenclaw » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:48 am

M3mnoch_1987 wrote:I already stated that the upgrade material you need is dark moon stone - you get this from the crystal lizards in world 4 and the scyth wielding enemies in 4.2.

Your best off mixing armours really - i always go heavy legs and arms light chest and the silver mages head piece. The black leather is found in 3.1 as far as i can recall there is no thiefs set. The set im talking about is black and made of leather. Its found in a torture chamber.

Ok so you want something like an uchi or a kilij both of which are in 4.1. You want to raise your strength to the minimum required to be able to use it 1 handes and as a general rule your DEX no higher than 40.

If you have no interest in magic dont level magic up. Oshi advised to raise faith to 16. You need to do this so you can use a miracle called second chance. Basically when you die you get half your health back immediately. To acccess this you need to kill the boss of 4.2 ans rescue saint urbain in 4.2 then talk to him in the nexus.

The reason epicnamebro is killing himself in the nexus is either A. He doesnt want to be invaded or B. He is trying to keep a certain tendancy in a world. Your world tendancy only shifts when you die when you are in body form (100% hp). If you die when hollow no world tendancy changes.

I.e to get a world fully black you need to kill yourself in body form around 7 times. If you killed yourself when hollow nothing would happen.

There is no mobile site for phone so we have to make do with a desktop view

Okay si until I'll be in 4-1 or 4-2 I guess that the Crescent Falchion +1 will not be so good than.
So I am still confused, I should level STR or DEX? if I want to be light with light weapons, and the maximum level is 40 at both STR and DEX in which I decided to level up?, and the vit/end are both until level 50?
I have the Black Leather set I'm using it now, you think its the best? why? it's not seems so good just very light.
By The Way, EpicNameBro suicide while he is in body form, but I read in the wiki that if you are doing this in the Nexus you get +0 to the tendency - that mean nothing happens. Of which world tendency its effect? And its effects to the white or to the black (I mean its + or -)?
Ravenclaw

Postby Asliben » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:03 am

Ravenclaw wrote:By The Way, EpicNameBro suicide while he is in body form, but I read in the wiki that if you are doing this in the Nexus you get +0 to the tendency - that mean nothing happens. Of which world tendency its effect? And its effects to the white or to the black (I mean its + or -)?

He suicides in the Nexus so the World Tendencies stay untouched in all worlds, then he can just kill the bosses in each world and pull tendencies towards white everywhere without risking a death in body form that would screw that process.
Asliben

PSN Name: Turom

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:23 am

I don't think you understand how upgrades work fully on this game at the moment. The Crescent Falchion is a standard falchion that has been upgraded so that It deals magic damage which scales off your magic stat... To get the falchion to the point where it can be turned into crescent it needs to be upgraded to +3. Therefor the Crescent falchion is upgraded to +3 then turned into a crescent falchion. This will be the best weapon to use for the time being until you get upgrade material to start upgrading other weapons. let me put this in capitals for you as I have said it atleast 4 times so far... THE CRESCENT FALCHION WILL BE THE BEST WEAPON YOU WILL GET FOR A LONG WHILE - USE IT

If you want to use fast weapons then go with dex. If you have a look at a weapons requirements they will all (mostly) have a minimum requirement in strength and dex. For example to Uchi (im not sure if this is exact numbers) requires 18 strength to be able to wield the weapon. So what you need to do if you want to use the uchi is to put your strength stat to 18 so that you can one hand it and your dex up (as I said as a general rule) to 40.

Armour in this game doesn't add much protection anyway - most people run round naked if not virtually so. As I said the black leather is the best in my opinion. I think its best because it offers decent magic defence as well as poison resistance and looks the best out of the lot. Demons souls is very much fashion souls so do get hung up on the armour side of it. The undisputed best armour for males is old king dorans - females is binded set.

M3mnoch_1987

Postby Oshyki » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:28 am

*+6
+6 for cresent, moon and blessed

But otherwise, as above.
Just play the damn game. Your build was broken the moment you rolled a hunter, but it doesn't matter, you're meant to f**k it up 1st time. Stop asking about the ins and outs, just get through the game. Put a proper build together on your next character.
Oshyki

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:39 am

Oshyki wrote:*+6

But otherwise, as above.
Just play the damn game. Your build was broken the moment you rolled a hunter, but it doesn't matter, you're meant to f**k it up 1st time. Stop asking about the ins and outs, just get through the game. Put a proper build together on your next character.

This. :gp:

My bad for the mis information - its been a while :-)

M3mnoch_1987

Postby Ravenclaw » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Asliben wrote:
Ravenclaw wrote:By The Way, EpicNameBro suicide while he is in body form, but I read in the wiki that if you are doing this in the Nexus you get +0 to the tendency - that mean nothing happens. Of which world tendency its effect? And its effects to the white or to the black (I mean its + or -)?

He suicides in the Nexus so the World Tendencies stay untouched in all worlds, then he can just kill the bosses in each world and pull tendencies towards white everywhere without risking a death in body form that would screw that process.

M3mnoch_1987 wrote:I don't think you understand how upgrades work fully on this game at the moment. The Crescent Falchion is a standard falchion that has been upgraded so that It deals magic damage which scales off your magic stat... To get the falchion to the point where it can be turned into crescent it needs to be upgraded to +3. Therefor the Crescent falchion is upgraded to +3 then turned into a crescent falchion. This will be the best weapon to use for the time being until you get upgrade material to start upgrading other weapons. let me put this in capitals for you as I have said it atleast 4 times so far... THE CRESCENT FALCHION WILL BE THE BEST WEAPON YOU WILL GET FOR A LONG WHILE - USE IT

If you want to use fast weapons then go with dex. If you have a look at a weapons requirements they will all (mostly) have a minimum requirement in strength and dex. For example to Uchi (im not sure if this is exact numbers) requires 18 strength to be able to wield the weapon. So what you need to do if you want to use the uchi is to put your strength stat to 18 so that you can one hand it and your dex up (as I said as a general rule) to 40.

Armour in this game doesn't add much protection anyway - most people run round naked if not virtually so. As I said the black leather is the best in my opinion. I think its best because it offers decent magic defence as well as poison resistance and looks the best out of the lot. Demons souls is very much fashion souls so do get hung up on the armour side of it. The undisputed best armour for males is old king dorans - females is binded set.

But otherwise, as above.

M3mnoch_1987 wrote:

But otherwise, as above.

This. :gp:

My bad for the mis information - its been a while :-)

Hey guys, I did what you told me and I continue to play (And I bought the Drak Souls 2 and it will be in my hand in Friday!! :D ), Now I started 2-2 after killing the Idol's Fool in 3-1, I entered to the depths of the caverns/tunnels and I always confusing there.. I reach the "end" of them when you can see the lava there, I proceed left to another two caverns but it seems to be a dead end. I jumped in the lava to some lands to take some items but I died there and I don't know where should I proceed, it seems to be a dead end and I enter the whole caverns and open them and take all they had (some road end up in an abyss but it seems that if I will jump I will die). So where should I go now?

I get lot of Dragonstone shards (from the fire armadils) that needs to upgrade the Crescent Falchion +1, I'm uncertain if I should upgrade the Falchion or the Dragon Sword +1 that I get from the caverns.

I know that you told me just to play, but I'm in a dead-end and for now I farm for grass because all that way I ate like 40 Half Moon Grass, so now I farm to get more in 1-2. Please could you help me? :horse:
Ravenclaw

Postby Soul Remains » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Dragonstone upgrades Dragon weapons only. Crescent weapons require Darkmoonstone.

Taking the right path from the 2-2/Armor Spider Archstone and dropping down is the quickest way to get to the boss. Be careful when you drop down. It's an easy way to die if you drop down too far.
The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago.
Soul Remains

Postby Ravenclaw » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:35 am

Soul Remains wrote:Dragonstone upgrades Dragon weapons only. Crescent weapons require Darkmoonstone.

Taking the right path from the 2-2/Armor Spider Archstone and dropping down is the quickest way to get to the boss. Be careful when you drop down. It's an easy way to die if you drop down too far.

Yes you right, but I want to proceed the whole level to explore and take all the items I can and proceed. I saw a video that someone is dropping from this path, but I want previously explore the zone and walk it through. Not just do a boss farm.

By the way, in this path, there is an elevator I can turn on I think later if I'll get down because the elevator is down I think,am I right?
Ravenclaw

Postby Soul Remains » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:30 am

If you take the other path to the boss, there is an elevator you can use.
The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago.
Soul Remains

Postby Bahd_Monkey » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:52 am

You won't be able to upgrade your crescent or dragon weapons until you kill the boss of 2-2 and give his soul to the blacksmith in 2-1. Just have the boss soul on you and keep talking to the blacksmith until he asks for the soul.

Elevators have a switch by them so if you come to one and the elevator isn't there, pull the switch and it will come to you.

You may want to look at a map or walkthrough for 2-2 as it is very confusing! http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/walk2-2
Once you have explored 2-2 and made it to the boss, you'll eventually want to learn the shortcut to him because you probably won't kill him on your first try.

Right now you could go through 4-1, and 4-2 to get the miracle second chance as M3mnoch mentioned. Or, you could go through 5-1, or keep exploring 2-2.
Bahd_Monkey

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:25 am

Bahd_Monkey wrote:You won't be able to upgrade your crescent or dragon weapons until you kill the boss of 2-2 and give his soul to the blacksmith in 2-1. Just have the boss soul on you and keep talking to the blacksmith until he asks for the soul.

Elevators have a switch by them so if you come to one and the elevator isn't there, pull the switch and it will come to you.

You may want to look at a map or walkthrough for 2-2 as it is very confusing! http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/walk2-2
Once you have explored 2-2 and made it to the boss, you'll eventually want to learn the shortcut to him because you probably won't kill him on your first try.

Right now you could go through 4-1, and 4-2 to get the miracle second chance as M3mnoch mentioned. Or, you could go through 5-1, or keep exploring 2-2.

As far as i recall its only boss weapons that you need the flame lurkers soul for - crescent / dragon and the like are available straight off the bat?

M3mnoch_1987

Postby Oshyki » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:21 am

Yep. Flamlurker is only needed to unlock the ability to forge with souls. All stone forging is available as M3mnoch said straight off the bat
Oshyki

Postby Bahd_Monkey » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:22 am

Oh sorry, my mistake. It's been awhile since I've played.
Bahd_Monkey

Postby Ravenclaw » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:13 pm

Soul Remains wrote:If you take the other path to the boss, there is an elevator you can use.

I mean I saw there is a path that you need to jump down all the way, but in this path in the beginning at the top of the path, there is an elevator. Is the elevator take me down to the boss or I have to jump all the way down there?

Bahd_Monkey wrote:You won't be able to upgrade your crescent or dragon weapons until you kill the boss of 2-2 and give his soul to the blacksmith in 2-1. Just have the boss soul on you and keep talking to the blacksmith until he asks for the soul.

I want first to explore 2-2 until I get to the boss and than I will make a boss rushes. But first explore. I stuck in the path that leads you to the lava, there I don't know where to go, I continued left and died.

By the way, today I bought DkS2 so I think I will move to play it and in the future I'll come back to DeS :(
Ravenclaw

Postby Soul Remains » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Ravenclaw wrote:
Soul Remains wrote:If you take the other path to the boss, there is an elevator you can use.

I mean I saw there is a path that you need to jump down all the way, but in this path in the beginning at the top of the path, there is an elevator. Is the elevator take me down to the boss or I have to jump all the way down there?

The elevator is part of the long way to the boss. You don't have to take the short way/right path.
Soul Remains

Previous

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies