[Help] SL15, new player

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Demon's Souls.

[Help] SL15, new player

Postby Ravenclaw » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:34 am

Hello guys, I am a new player and I created an Hunter class, and now im in 1-2 trying to beat the Tower Knight boss (I have another topic trying to getting help in Questions and Answeres forum - please check it out).

I wanted to ask for a good build to my class, I've been told that it isn't so much importent which class I open because I can increase which stat I want and create what I want. So I created an Hunter but I think I will be a melee guy you know, just want to be the basic right now. Can you please help me with build?

I have Dark Souls too but I wanted to play Demon's Souls first because its the first in the series, I played a little Dark Souls but I still a newbie, maybe later when I understand more the game I will create some other characters.

Please help me, thanks! (If you want to play a little bit and help me in-game, feel free to ask mine PSN ID).
Ravenclaw

PSN Name: T_SkuLLy_

Advertisement

Re: [Help] SL15, new player

Postby The_DAO » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:33 pm

The Tower Knight CAN be hard if you're in DeS for the first time.

My advice:

Go back to the DeS Wiki and take a look at the builds section and pick one that you find suitable or attractive. I believe that most posted builds include a 'progression' section that should give you an idea of what you need to do in what order.

If you find 1-2 difficult, you should try something else first. 4-1 is a good place to go after 1-1 and should allow you to level up and do a little melee practice and get some cool weapons and rings.
PSN ID: The_DAO
Demon's Souls US Edition, SL 140, 273
Dark Souls US Edition, SL 55, 60, 130, 135, 185.

>> Brush your teeth. It's the Law. <<
The_DAO

Postby Oshyki » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:31 am

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16271

Check out the Archer
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.” ― Bruce Lee
Unfortunately I always find myself in the former category. I get bored very easily :/
Oshyki

PSN Name: Oshyki

Postby Ravenclaw » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:34 am

The_DAO wrote:The Tower Knight CAN be hard if you're in DeS for the first time.

My advice:

Go back to the DeS Wiki and take a look at the builds section and pick one that you find suitable or attractive. I believe that most posted builds include a 'progression' section that should give you an idea of what you need to do in what order.

If you find 1-2 difficult, you should try something else first. 4-1 is a good place to go after 1-1 and should allow you to level up and do a little melee practice and get some cool weapons and rings.

Hey dude, first of all thanks for the help.
I was in 4-1 and it seems very difficult, there are skeletons that roll over me ans they attack me with so much speed. I'm in the right world? or I did a mistake? where is the 4-1?

I will search for nice build in the wiki, there are a few builds, this is the right page? (HERE), and I saw your guide with those builds, but I don't think I will take the archer becuse ranging seems hard in this game, I know I chose the Hunter class but ranging is hard in this game and I prefer to be a warrior (just in Hunter class if its possible). I did'nt understand the number of skills, the skills you wrote from the left to the right its in the game from the top to the bottom? for example the first skill is Vitality?
And why did you recommended the Archer build?
And how can I know if I want to be a DEX or STR?
And all the builds are built to the starting class Temple Knight, it is matter? And how can I be sure that I level the skills in the right order and not find myself with lot of HP and weak, or very strong with low HP/END?

And something else, do you think I should play DeS now and utilize this time to play this game now and not later because the closing of the servers and because the game will be dead more than now? Or to move to Dark Souls becuase its more easy?
Ravenclaw

Postby Soul Remains » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Ravenclaw wrote:Hey dude, first of all thanks for the help.
I was in 4-1 and it seems very difficult, there are skeletons that roll over me ans they attack me with so much speed. I'm in the right world? or I did a mistake? where is the 4-1?

That is 4-1. If you are having problems with them, try using a shield to block then attack them. You can even backstab them after blocking. Get the Crescent Falchion +1 while in 4-1. It will do a lot more damage then whatever you are using at this point.

As for leveling, you really need to know what gear you want to use to know what stat to level. If you are just doing solo pve then you don't really need a build since you can keep leveling if you want. Vit/End will help so at least level them to the point where diminishing returns may really make it not worth leveling over another stat. 50 for Vit, 40 for End.
The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago.
Soul Remains

Postby Oshyki » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:13 am

Spend your souls on your equipment over your levels, but when levelling, focus on vitality and endurance, until at least slvl40

The_DAO wrote:The Tower Knight CAN be hard if you're in DeS for the first time.

You think so? A 2 handed pole arm I'd consider one of the most rookie friendly weapons in the game.
Besides, the reason for the Temple Knight being the base of 90% of builds is it has the most effective distribution of stat points.
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.” ― Bruce Lee
Unfortunately I always find myself in the former category. I get bored very easily :/
Oshyki

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:08 am

^^ he means the boss tower knight :-)
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Postby Oshyki » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:52 am

Lol Tower Knight, Temple Knight. I see what I did there now. XD

Then again, I'm pretty sure that was the first boss I ever beat, (after phalanx ofc) though that was my 1st playthrough, when I thought I was going to complete the whole game with soul arrow. Yes now I'm thinking about it, I can imagine that being a little tricky for a rookie mêlée focus.
Oshyki

Postby Ravenclaw » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:20 am

Soul Remains wrote:
Ravenclaw wrote:Hey dude, first of all thanks for the help.

That is 4-1. If you are having problems with them, try using a shield to block then attack them. You can even backstab them after blocking. Get the Crescent Falchion +1 while in 4-1. It will do a lot more damage then whatever you are using at this point.

As for leveling, you really need to know what gear you want to use to know what stat to level. If you are just doing solo pve then you don't really need a build since you can keep leveling if you want. Vit/End will help so at least level them to the point where diminishing returns may really make it not worth leveling over another stat. 50 for Vit, 40 for End.

I cant get this sword!! :evil: I don't know its very hard I jsy slvl 15 and I can't beat them, they attack me so fast and roll over me, and if I killed 1-2 of them there is a place that two of them are coming to attack me and I just die in this moment. and I can't run away from them forward because they are too fast and thyy get behind me and kill me.
And about the stats, I need to focus on Vit/End for now? and not on Dex/Str? I prefer a light armor (from DkS1) I find it more easy to evade attacks and more comfort.

Oshyki wrote:Spend your souls on your equipment over your levels, but when levelling, focus on vitality and endurance, until at least slvl40

So for now just spend it over VIt/End only? not on something else?
Ravenclaw

Postby Vumsy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:59 am

Try having a shield in your left hand, and nothing in your right hand, you'll see something funny.
I'm not trying to seem like the big genius that's always right about the big picture... I just am.
Vumsy

PSN Name: Vumsy

Postby Soul Remains » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:12 am

Ravenclaw wrote:I cant get this sword!! :evil: I don't know its very hard I jsy slvl 15 and I can't beat them, they attack me so fast and roll over me, and if I killed 1-2 of them there is a place that two of them are coming to attack me and I just die in this moment. and I can't run away from them forward because they are too fast and thyy get behind me and kill me.
And about the stats, I need to focus on Vit/End for now? and not on Dex/Str? I prefer a light armor (from DkS1) I find it more easy to evade attacks and more comfort.

Don't aggro more than 1 enemy at a time. Walk towards them slowly. If you have Flame Toss it will do good damage against the skeletons. Keep your Equip Burden under 50%. Use your souls on leveling up/upgrading equipment right away so you don't lose them.

Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqpfFv3Nx_Y
The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago.
Soul Remains

Postby The_DAO » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:29 am

Okay, quick summary:

- Don't obsess yourself with 1-2. If you do beat the Tower Knight early in the game you'll find that it's a temporary dead end.
- 4-1 is a good opportunity to get a couple of good weapons AND to practice melee with those skeletons. Treat it as a learning opportunity.
- Use what you have to your advantage. If you cleared 1-1 you should have the Ring of Fog so use it and maybe a bow to aggro your enemies one at a time.
- If your equipment is too weak, there's a merchant in 2-1 that sells you upgrade stones. You can farm 1-1 for souls, then spend them in 2-1 for upgrade stones.
- Watch the video someone else posted here. It shows you how you can get that Falchion without having to fight the super-tough skeleton that's guarding it. The person in the video is using Soul Remains which the other skeletons should have dropped some if you fought them many times.

Keep in mind that, while not 'impossible' or even 'very hard', the Souls game do not reward button mashing. There are many paths to completing the game so just stay open-minded, read the Wiki, watch the videos and you'll see the end of DeS, eventually. It's one of my favorite games but it took me forever to beat it the first time.

The_DAO

Postby Ravenclaw » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:01 am

Vumsy wrote:Try having a shield in your left hand, and nothing in your right hand, you'll see something funny.

I think I'll pass... :(

Soul Remains wrote:Don't aggro more than 1 enemy at a time. Walk towards them slowly. If you have Flame Toss it will do good damage against the skeletons. Keep your Equip Burden under 50%. Use your souls on leveling up/upgrading equipment right away so you don't lose them.

Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqpfFv3Nx_Y

I had watched this before, but it is very hard to kill them like that, I will try more cople of times. I have like 3-6K souls, on what to spend them? and which stats should I level in addition to Vit/End?

The_DAO wrote:Okay, quick summary:

- Don't obsess yourself with 1-2. If you do beat the Tower Knight early in the game you'll find that it's a temporary dead end.
- 4-1 is a good opportunity to get a couple of good weapons AND to practice melee with those skeletons. Treat it as a learning opportunity.
- Use what you have to your advantage. If you cleared 1-1 you should have the Ring of Fog so use it and maybe a bow to aggro your enemies one at a time.
- If your equipment is too weak, there's a merchant in 2-1 that sells you upgrade stones. You can farm 1-1 for souls, then spend them in 2-1 for upgrade stones.
- Watch the video someone else posted here. It shows you how you can get that Falchion without having to fight the super-tough skeleton that's guarding it. The person in the video is using Soul Remains which the other skeletons should have dropped some if you fought them many times.

Keep in mind that, while not 'impossible' or even 'very hard', the Souls game do not reward button mashing. There are many paths to completing the game so just stay open-minded, read the Wiki, watch the videos and you'll see the end of DeS, eventually. It's one of my favorite games but it took me forever to beat it the first time.

Okay, I just want to kill him and pass him. I just have a big mess in my hand with what to do with my souls - on what to spend them, how much grass should I need, maybe I need to buy the Claymore first becuase its tough with the Scimitar, maybe I sohuld get more stats before going to him, and how can I pass those archers and knight's before the fog to the boss?
By the way, I did 1-1 and I didn't find the Ring of Fog if it doesn't located before the knight with the red-eyes and the strong knight in the door after him.

What do you suggest me to do? maybe I should complete DkS1 first? but if I will do that I'm affraid to lose the opportunity of getting help in Demon's Souls because it will be forgotten.
Ravenclaw

Postby The_DAO » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:20 am

Sorry, it's called the Thief's Ring in DeS. And here is where you can get it from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrtBq-9PYFw

Also, there are some other nice goodies in the area guarded by the 2 big dragons. Depending on your current world tendency, the big, red one may not be there and that should make it easier to get the loot. There's a good shield for which you may not have the stats but you can always level up by soul farming and I nice ring too. Plus some grass material.

Also, depending on how your world tendency fluctuated, you may find the door to the Executioner Miranda area unlocked now - it's first left (down the stairs) right after you first come to the Boletaria Castle. There are some beatable phantoms there that have a 100% drop rate for the basic grass. You should have no problem getting it if you fight them one at a time. If you beat Miranda - backstabbing skills are almost a must - and your toon is a girl, she drops a good armor set. There is also a good but very heavy man armor set at the bottom of the well that Miranda guards. I believe there's a way to cheese Miranda and make her drop and die into the well but you should check the YouTube for the 'how to'.

Oh, you can also farm the 1-1 blobs for large shards that should let you do higher level upgrades.

For weapons, before the 1-2 Falchion, you should have the Bastard Sword by now. It's not too bad if you level up to meet its requirements.

The_DAO

Postby Vumsy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:49 pm

Ravenclaw wrote:
Vumsy wrote:Try having a shield in your left hand, and nothing in your right hand, you'll see something funny.

I think I'll pass... :(

No no no, the skeletons are weak to barehanded attacks, one barehanded backstab or a few punches to the face should do it. I don't remember if the black ones were though.
I'm not trying to seem like the big genius that's always right about the big picture... I just am.
Vumsy

Postby Oshyki » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:41 am

Other than your end and vit, spend your souls on your equipment, until you gain a weapon with at least a C grade scaling.

Follow this guide:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16270

Also, not being able to tackle any part of this game is a question of skill not soul level. Don't stress, it will come in time :)
Oshyki

Postby Ravenclaw » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:04 pm

The_DAO wrote:Sorry, it's called the Thief's Ring in DeS. And here is where you can get it from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrtBq-9PYFw

Also, there are some other nice goodies in the area guarded by the 2 big dragons. Depending on your current world tendency, the big, red one may not be there and that should make it easier to get the loot. There's a good shield for which you may not have the stats but you can always level up by soul farming and I nice ring too. Plus some grass material.

Also, depending on how your world tendency fluctuated, you may find the door to the Executioner Miranda area unlocked now - it's first left (down the stairs) right after you first come to the Boletaria Castle. There are some beatable phantoms there that have a 100% drop rate for the basic grass. You should have no problem getting it if you fight them one at a time. If you beat Miranda - backstabbing skills are almost a must - and your toon is a girl, she drops a good armor set. There is also a good but very heavy man armor set at the bottom of the well that Miranda guards. I believe there's a way to cheese Miranda and make her drop and die into the well but you should check the YouTube for the 'how to'.

Oh, you can also farm the 1-1 blobs for large shards that should let you do higher level upgrades.

For weapons, before the 1-2 Falchion, you should have the Bastard Sword by now. It's not too bad if you level up to meet its requirements.

I have that ring, and today I succeed to get the Falchion Sword, but I saw that its physical attack damage is weaker than the scimitar, the Crescent Falchion +1 has 67, and the Scmitar has 80. In addition, the Crescent Falchion +1 has only stat A in magic, and I don't level up in magic, so it will not give me stat bonuses, so why its best sword for now and not the scimitar?
And for now what should I do? keep trying to beat the Tower Knight and than where should I go? I didn't actually find the blacksmith in 2-1. And how much grass do you think I should get to kill the Tower Knight? and I should be human? becuase I dont want to spend my humanity on that and be killed and find myself without humanity at all in the rest of the time. after one kill with humanity I become hollow?
By the way, what is world tendency?

Vumsy wrote:No no no, the skeletons are weak to barehanded attacks, one barehanded backstab or a few punches to the face should do it. I don't remember if the black ones were though.

I did get the sword today, but thanks! :)

Oshyki wrote:Other than your end and vit, spend your souls on your equipment, until you gain a weapon with at least a C grade scaling.

Follow this guide:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16270

Also, not being able to tackle any part of this game is a question of skill not soul level. Don't stress, it will come in time :)

How do I get a C+ grade scaling on a weapon? and by saying spend souls on equipment which equipment exactly do you mean and how do I spend it? by upgrades?

Thanks to all of you, Im very appreciate this! :)
Ravenclaw

Postby Vumsy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:34 pm

The crecent schmithar got magic damage (and manaregen, but whatev) and enemies in world 1 and 2 in particular is weak vs magic.

World tendancy is basically world difficulty.
You beat bosses and black phantoms, the world will lean towards white, and enemies will drop recovery items and do less/take less damage.
When you die as a human, you shift more and more towards black. Enemies will get tougher and at one point you'll encounter black phantom enemies. Enemies yield more souls and also have a higher chance of dropping rare materials.
When it's pure white, or pure black, every world has a hidden event. It can be a new npc to talk to, or a door that opens, or a bridge that wasn't there before. During these events you usually find armour, weapons or rings you wouldn't find elsewhere.
Vumsy

Postby The_DAO » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:39 pm

You buy upgrade shards from the 2-1 merchant and he's right there at the beginning of 2-1.

The 2-1 blacksmith can only be reached after you turn on the elevators and for that you need to progress a little bit into the level. He will do high quality (Boss souls) upgrades after you beat Flame Lurker, the 2-2 boss.

The_DAO

Postby Ravenclaw » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:58 am

Vumsy wrote:The crecent schmithar got magic damage (and manaregen, but whatev) and enemies in world 1 and 2 in particular is weak vs magic.

World tendancy is basically world difficulty.
You beat bosses and black phantoms, the world will lean towards white, and enemies will drop recovery items and do less/take less damage.
When you die as a human, you shift more and more towards black. Enemies will get tougher and at one point you'll encounter black phantom enemies. Enemies yield more souls and also have a higher chance of dropping rare materials.
When it's pure white, or pure black, every world has a hidden event. It can be a new npc to talk to, or a door that opens, or a bridge that wasn't there before. During these events you usually find armour, weapons or rings you wouldn't find elsewhere.

What is the Crescent Scimitar? I now playing with the Crescent Falchion +1, but it seems wrong because it has less physical damage than the Scimitar.
And how do I know in which world tendency I am? and how can I become in world tendency pure black/white? and in which one should I play? And continue playing with the Crescent Falchion +1 or with the scimitar? And how do I upgrade it?

The_DAO wrote:You buy upgrade shards from the 2-1 merchant and he's right there at the beginning of 2-1.

The 2-1 blacksmith can only be reached after you turn on the elevators and for that you need to progress a little bit into the level. He will do high quality (Boss souls) upgrades after you beat Flame Lurker, the 2-2 boss.

What is the name of the specific upgrade shards? he is selling many shards.
And I sohuld get to the blacksmith right now? and which equipment exactly should I upgrade? Crescent Falchion +1? Scimitar? Bows? Armour?
And how my stats should be like in slvl 20?

Sorry about the many questions I know its irritating, I just have the option to be active more in the forum than play in the PS3 because I am studying right now and this is the time of the lasts and most important exams, so thanks for helping and answering my questions.
Ravenclaw

Postby Vumsy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:18 am

I meant Falchion, too much Dark Souls 2. xD
It does less physical damage, but if you look through it's stats you'll see it got magic damage as well as physical. And that's the clue, schmithar has more physical damage, but enemies in 1 and 2 is has high physical resistance, but low magic resistance.
And I'd advice against upgrading the Falchion, it's just a weapon to help you through the early sections of the game until you find a better weapon.
You get to pure white world tendancy by not dying as a human. It is recommended to first get the level to pure white, and explore the level for events. Then you suicide repeatedly as a human and go through it again, looking for npc blackphantoms and such. The npc black phantoms drop rare weapons and the likes, and if you want to farm souls or materials pure black is the way to go.
You can check world tendency in the pause menu at a world map of some sort. They'll be gray with tones slightly varying, blinding white or pure black.

However getting into specifics about the game is too overwhelmung to type on my phone.
I suggest you clear the game through trial and error, followed by inevitable success, then consult yourself with our demon's souls wiki if you want to get all trophy's, clear 100% or make da best build evah.

I started with the wanderer class, did a blind playthrough with crap weapons, stats all over the place and a lot of deaths and stuff I had missed. Went into ng+ and read just about the ENTIRE wiki to get EVERYTHING. Then I deleveled and made a proper bluebloodsword build and started pvp'ing.
Vumsy

Postby Ravenclaw » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:33 am

Vumsy wrote:I meant Falchion, too much Dark Souls 2. xD
It does less physical damage, but if you look through it's stats you'll see it got magic damage as well as physical. And that's the clue, schmithar has more physical damage, but enemies in 1 and 2 is has high physical resistance, but low magic resistance.
And I'd advice against upgrading the Falchion, it's just a weapon to help you through the early sections of the game until you find a better weapon.
You get to pure white world tendancy by not dying as a human. It is recommended to first get the level to pure white, and explore the level for events. Then you suicide repeatedly as a human and go through it again, looking for npc blackphantoms and such. The npc black phantoms drop rare weapons and the likes, and if you want to farm souls or materials pure black is the way to go.
You can check world tendency in the pause menu at a world map of some sort. They'll be gray with tones slightly varying, blinding white or pure black.

However getting into specifics about the game is too overwhelmung to type on my phone.
I suggest you clear the game through trial and error, followed by inevitable success, then consult yourself with our demon's souls wiki if you want to get all trophy's, clear 100% or make da best build evah.

I started with the wanderer class, did a blind playthrough with crap weapons, stats all over the place and a lot of deaths and stuff I had missed. Went into ng+ and read just about the ENTIRE wiki to get EVERYTHING. Then I deleveled and made a proper bluebloodsword build and started pvp'ing.

First of all, how do you enter this website with your phone? with some application or just the browser? I have Galaxy S3.
I think I'm in pure black because I died lot of times and has 75% HP because the hollow.
So how can I be sure that I spend my souls on good equipment or good stat build?

I want to play Dark Souls1 + Dark Souls2 ALREADY!!!! :(
And I have so much games to play in addition to souls series like Skyrim GTA and more and I dont have the time :evil: how do you guys do this with all the studying/working??
Ravenclaw

Postby Vumsy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:40 am

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com

And you can only upgrade weapons anyway. Just level up what you need. Not enough stats for a weapon? Getting oneshotted? Can't use a spell/miracle? Level up to get what you need.

EDIT: Regarding making time for games. I play games when I got the time for it. :P
Vumsy

Postby The_DAO » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:52 am

Vumsy,

I don't believe that he will enjoy the Souls games even if he manages to wreck the Tower Knight (keep kicking him in the shins until he falls and dies). It only gets a lot harder and a lot more complicated after that.

A good portion of the Souls playing happiness comes from experimenting, exploring, learning from defeat, mitigating your losses and the satisfaction of overcoming whatever challenges the game throws at you. Those who don't 'get' that maybe should try something else. There's nothing wrong with it. I personally don't care much about Skyrim or GTA but I don't believe there's anything wrong with that either.

The_DAO

Postby Ravenclaw » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:56 am

Vumsy wrote:http://demonssouls.wikidot.com

And you can only upgrade weapons anyway. Just level up what you need. Not enough stats for a weapon? Getting oneshotted? Can't use a spell/miracle? Level up to get what you need.

EDIT: Regarding making time for games. I play games when I got the time for it. :P

Okay but I don't kknow which equipment should I upgrade and how.
I've been in 2-1 trying to walk through the zone and to make it to the blacksmith, but I couldn't move on so long because those clowns which shot fire arrows at me and damage me even when I'm shielded, and if I'm not, they killing me after two arrows. How do I kill them and pass them into the zone to make the elevators work and get to the blacksmith? Meanwhile I just losing grass by trying to walk through this zone.

The_DAO wrote:Vumsy,

I don't believe that he will enjoy the Souls games even if he manages to wreck the Tower Knight (keep kicking him in the shins until he falls and dies). It only gets a lot harder and a lot more complicated after that.

A good portion of the Souls playing happiness comes from experimenting, exploring, learning from defeat, mitigating your losses and the satisfaction of overcoming whatever challenges the game throws at you. Those who don't 'get' that maybe should try something else. There's nothing wrong with it. I personally don't care much about Skyrim or GTA but I don't believe there's anything wrong with that either.

Yes I know that, that is the reason why after one year of not playing nothing I wanted to play DkS1/DeS. Beside that I have a lot of good games that I really like but I don't have much time :S
Ravenclaw

Postby Bahd_Monkey » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi Ravenclaw,

Since you seem to be struggling with Demon’s Souls (don’t worry we all did!) I have a suggestion for you to try. Make a new character and start out as a Royalty.
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/royalty Then play through 1-1 and see if you have an easier time.

The reason I’m suggesting a royal is because you’ll start out with a powerful ranged spell that will help you thin out mobs of enemies before they can gang up on you and you should find some of the areas you’re having trouble in much easier.

After you get through 1-1, you can go to 4-1 and get the Crescent Falchion and a Talisman of God that will let you cast miracles. It is to the right of the first fog gate, behind a dead tree.

When you first start leveling up, I’d focus on putting some points into Vitality, (it’s really more important then the armor you wear). Then after you put some points into Vitality, put some points into Magic to increase your spell power, and Intelligence when you want to have more spells and mp.

Only put points into Strength and Dex once you’ve found some weapon that you really like and you need to increase your stats to wield it. Put points into Endurance to keep your Equipment Burden below 50%, or when you find yourself constantly running out of stamina.
(All about stats http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/stats)

When it comes to armor be aware that there isn’t much difference between the lightest and the heaviest, so don’t pump up Endurance right away just to wear some very heavy armor. However, having a good upgraded shield will make a big difference in your ability to protect yourself from attacks. After you’ve leveled up a bit you could put 2 points into Strength to raise it to 11 and buy a Heater Shield from Boldwin, it blocks 100% physical attacks and is easy to upgrade. Don’t worry about fully upgrading it because you’ll soon find some better shields that you’ll eventually switch over to, but they have higher strength requirements.

Good Luck!
F da Sun... UMBASA BABY!!!
Bahd_Monkey

PSN Name: Bahd_Monkey

Postby Ravenclaw » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Bahd_Monkey wrote:Hi Ravenclaw,

Since you seem to be struggling with Demon’s Souls (don’t worry we all did!) I have a suggestion for you to try. Make a new character and start out as a Royalty.
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/royalty Then play through 1-1 and see if you have an easier time.

The reason I’m suggesting a royal is because you’ll start out with a powerful ranged spell that will help you thin out mobs of enemies before they can gang up on you and you should find some of the areas you’re having trouble in much easier.

After you get through 1-1, you can go to 4-1 and get the Crescent Falchion and a Talisman of God that will let you cast miracles. It is to the right of the first fog gate, behind a dead tree.

When you first start leveling up, I’d focus on putting some points into Vitality, (it’s really more important then the armor you wear). Then after you put some points into Vitality, put some points into Magic to increase your spell power, and Intelligence when you want to have more spells and mp.

Only put points into Strength and Dex once you’ve found some weapon that you really like and you need to increase your stats to wield it. Put points into Endurance to keep your Equipment Burden below 50%, or when you find yourself constantly running out of stamina.
(All about stats http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/stats)

When it comes to armor be aware that there isn’t much difference between the lightest and the heaviest, so don’t pump up Endurance right away just to wear some very heavy armor. However, having a good upgraded shield will make a big difference in your ability to protect yourself from attacks. After you’ve leveled up a bit you could put 2 points into Strength to raise it to 11 and buy a Heater Shield from Boldwin, it blocks 100% physical attacks and is easy to upgrade. Don’t worry about fully upgrading it because you’ll soon find some better shields that you’ll eventually switch over to, but they have higher strength requirements.

Good Luck!

Hey, look I don't want to change my class because I have already chose the Hunter I want to make it with this class. And I don't feel the need of using Royalty with spells. I will take a picture of my stats and things maybe you will see my situation and you could help me more.
For now, I just trying to get to the blacksmith in 2-1 but the clowns with the fire arrows are killing me fast, how do I make it to him? Or maybe I should focus on the Tower Knight now?
And I just dont know which weapons/equipment to upgrade because I don't know which equipment I will find after. And I prefer a light armor, I find it more comfort to play and to avoid attacks.

And I just don't know what to do, if I should play first DkS1 and finish it (Because I didn't finish it and I did like 50% of the game I think), and now I'm just stuck in DeS :shock:
Ravenclaw

Postby Bahd_Monkey » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:09 pm

Ravenclaw wrote:Hey, look I don't want to change my class because I have already chose the Hunter I want to make it with this class. And I don't feel the need of using Royalty with spells.

I was just offering some friendly advice for you to try as you seem to be hitting your head against the proverbial wall with the game.

Ravenclaw wrote:For now, I just trying to get to the blacksmith in 2-1 but the clowns with the fire arrows are killing me fast, how do I make it to him?

Do you mean the fat guys that shoot fire? You'll have to roll out of the way when they shoot fire at you. You could try wearing thieves ring and sniping them with your bow. You may have to keep moving.

Ravenclaw wrote:And I just dont know which weapons/equipment to upgrade because I don't know which equipment I will find after.

The Crescent Falchion you found in 4-1 is good enough for now. On the bridge in 1-2 is a winged spear that is handy because you can attack with it while keeping your shield up, and the miners in 2-1 are vulnerable to piercing and magic attacks. The spear is the 2nd item on the first section of the bridge. You may have to do a suicide run to get it.

Ravenclaw wrote:And I just don't know what to do, if I should play first DkS1 and finish it (Because I didn't finish it and I did like 50% of the game I think), and now I'm just stuck in DeS :shock:

You'll have to decide that for yourself. The two have different game mechanics. You can always put your summon sign down at the start of 1-2 or 2-1 and get summoned a few times to learn the level. You are at the right SL to get summoned in both of those worlds.
F da Sun... UMBASA BABY!!!
Bahd_Monkey

PSN Name: Bahd_Monkey

Postby Ravenclaw » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:37 am

Bahd_Monkey wrote:
Ravenclaw wrote:Hey, look I don't want to change my class because I have already chose the Hunter I want to make it with this class. And I don't feel the need of using Royalty with spells.

I was just offering some friendly advice for you to try as you seem to be hitting your head against the proverbial wall with the game.

Ravenclaw wrote:For now, I just trying to get to the blacksmith in 2-1 but the clowns with the fire arrows are killing me fast, how do I make it to him?

Do you mean the fat guys that shoot fire? You'll have to roll out of the way when they shoot fire at you. You could try wearing thieves ring and sniping them with your bow. You may have to keep moving.

Ravenclaw wrote:And I just dont know which weapons/equipment to upgrade because I don't know which equipment I will find after.

The Crescent Falchion you found in 4-1 is good enough for now. On the bridge in 1-2 is a winged spear that is handy because you can attack with it while keeping your shield up, and the miners in 2-1 are vulnerable to piercing and magic attacks. The spear is the 2nd item on the first section of the bridge. You may have to do a suicide run to get it.

Ravenclaw wrote:And I just don't know what to do, if I should play first DkS1 and finish it (Because I didn't finish it and I did like 50% of the game I think), and now I'm just stuck in DeS :shock:

You'll have to decide that for yourself. The two have different game mechanics. You can always put your summon sign down at the start of 1-2 or 2-1 and get summoned a few times to learn the level. You are at the right SL to get summoned in both of those worlds.

Hey, sorry if I was expressing myself angry while answer your comment, English is not my language :D
I think I get this spear, do you mean the bridge in the first zone in 2-1? Where those guys are throwing stones at me?
By the way, I succeed to kill those clowns by bowing them, and its seems that I don't need to kill them twice because it both seems like a dead end (only a few items I get from those places).
I enter more to the level of 2-1 and I make the elevators work. I think I will proceed to the next fog after the place where I make the elevators work. I will go there today in the evening because I have now a big test and I could play in the morning for just 30 minutes.
I should proceed in 2-1 or I should get back to 1-2 and finish it? It seems that all the zones has strong demons and I don't know where I sohuld play, in which zones.. I mean which zones are fit to my SL? And which world tendency I should have for now? (For now I play in hollow form, its okay or sould I get human while exploring the zones?, because I have like 75% HP and I'm with the Cling Ring).

Thanks for helping me, I'm very appreciating that! :)

By The Way, how do you quote just a short part of my big comment? how do you do that? And there is a comfort way to enter the forums from my cellphone? I have Galaxy S3..
Ravenclaw

Postby Oshyki » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:51 am

It's not a question of soul level. It's about 40% build quality and 60% skill.

Every conceivable viable build has already been mapped out for you on the forums, and your skill will only develop over time. Just give it time
Oshyki

Next

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies