Before you ask for help...

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Demon's Souls.

Re: Before you ask for help...

Postby Serbitar24 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:43 am

Just wondering if I could get a critique of my character? Whatever I'm doing is working fairly well for the moment, but more than anything I'm just looking for a bit of advice on where to go with the Character as alternating between Str, Dex and Vit won't get me very far I don't think :p

Vit: 22
Int: 8
End: 19
Str: 28
Dex: 24
Mag: 9
Faith: 13
Luck: 12
SL: 55

RHW1: Quality Uchigatana +4
RHW2: Lava Bow

LHW1: Knight's Shield +8

Armour: The Black Leather Set (Can't roll well with anything heavier)

Rings: Thief's and Master's

As you can tell, it's a Melee character, but I've always wanted to expand into some magic/miracles in case the turtle-R1-turtle approach doesn't work at some point.
Serbitar24

Advertisement

Postby Kokurokoki » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:53 pm

Hmm... would using a 30/30 TOB Spellsword be viable for PVP?
Kokurokoki

Postby raytheboi » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:13 am

because it changed our world ^^vv<><>ba START
raytheboi

PSN Name: Ray_the_boi

Postby VarietyX » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:00 pm

I AM ONCE AGAIN ACTIVE AND AVAILABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT BUILDS HERE.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR CHARACTERS HERE.
Like no other.
VarietyX
VarietyX
VarietyX

PSN Name: VarietyX

Postby LostMyHeadache » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Which dovetails nicely with this thread:

The Demon's Souls Guru Team - Ask Us Anything!
LostMyHeadache

Postby Kiros » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:19 pm

As promised here's my build. I use it for hosting or RES duels only. I'd like to try to get it down to sl 125 to be able to invade on it though. If you can help me it would be great. :D
Starting Class Royal:

Vitality 50
Will/Intelligence 30
Endurance 20
Strength 18
Dexterity **
Magic 45
Faith 45
Luck **
Retired from Demon's Souls.
Kiros

PSN Name: ATG_Eternal

Postby VarietyX » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:26 pm

The best solution I have for lowering that to 125ish is to reroll and go:

45 Vit
24 Int
20 End
18 Str
12 Dex
40 Mag
40 Faith
7 Luck

That's SL126, doesn't really lose any damage and can survive the backstabs and CW Kilij combos that need to be survived as a phantom. Having 30 Int is never really needed unless you're planning to pure mage, and you're obviously not with 18 Str. You're probably using a Moon GAxe or GSword. If you want the 30 Int, then lower Str and pick up something like an Estor or Kilij as your weapon.
Like no other.
VarietyX
VarietyX
VarietyX

Postby Kiros » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:28 pm

I am using the Moon Great Sword. And The spells I'm using are Fire Spray and Fire Storm. So that actually looks perfect. I'll have to recreate it for the Vitality though. Thank you =]
Retired from Demon's Souls.
Kiros

PSN Name: ATG_Eternal

Postby TheMaskedBadness » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Serbitar24 wrote:Just wondering if I could get a critique of my character? Whatever I'm doing is working fairly well for the moment, but more than anything I'm just looking for a bit of advice on where to go with the Character as alternating between Str, Dex and Vit won't get me very far I don't think :p

Vit: 22
Int: 8
End: 19
Str: 28
Dex: 24
Mag: 9
Faith: 13
Luck: 12
SL: 55

RHW1: Quality Uchigatana +4
RHW2: Lava Bow

LHW1: Knight's Shield +8

Armour: The Black Leather Set (Can't roll well with anything heavier)

Rings: Thief's and Master's

As you can tell, it's a Melee character, but I've always wanted to expand into some magic/miracles in case the turtle-R1-turtle approach doesn't work at some point.

Personally, I love Quality oriented builds and alternated between Dex and Strength with my main character. It is now in the 180 level range and very effective. The problem is, since you're dividing your stat points, it takes a little while to reach a point where it's effective,at least in terms of PvP. If your more focused on PvE, increase whatever stats feel right to you and use it as a learning tool to discover weapons and abilities you like. Then start a second build focused on obtaining these weapons and making them effective.
Boost your magic to 10 in order to try spells, even if you use a bow primarily. Try capping Magic and Faith at 18 in order to use ToB and free up an equip slot for something more savory. Other than that, explore different styles!
TheMaskedBadness

Postby Hithlain » Wed May 18, 2011 6:37 am

Hi,

I need advice about DEX builds, and about the link you provided...
I see three builds there:
--------------------
Standard Sharp Build
SL120 Temple Knight (0-19 points remain)
-------------------------------------
Vit - 45
Int - 18
End - 35-40
Str - 14-18
Dex - 40-50
Mag – 6 (10, then delevel to 6 once Sage Freke's spell are obtained)
Faith - 16
Luck - 7

-------------------
5-Slot Meta Variant
SL120 Temple Knight (0-9 points remain)
Vit - 43
Int - 30
End - 35-40
Str - 14-18
Dex - 40
Faith - 16
Luck - 7

-------------------
NR Dexterity Splash
SL120 Temple Knight (2-7 points remain)
Vit - 43
Int - 18
End - 35-40
Str - 18
Dex - 40
Mag – 12
Faith - 16
Luck - 7

So I still wonder which path to choose. And btw my DEX build should be an archer build, mostly for pve as I do not do pvp at all, and with close to close fight as well, with either weapon+shield or dual wield, don't know yet :)

So if you have any advice, thanks ;)
Hithlain

Postby VarietyX » Wed May 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Hithlain wrote:Hi,

I need advice about DEX builds, and about the link you provided...
I see three builds there:
--------------------
Standard Sharp Build
Vit - 45
Int - 18
End - 35-40
Str - 14-18
Dex - 40-50
Faith - 16
Luck - 7

-------------------
5-Slot Meta Variant
SL120 Temple Knight (0-9 points remain)
Vit - 43
Int - 30
End - 35-40
Str - 14-18
Dex - 40
Faith - 16
Luck - 7

-------------------
NR Dexterity Splash
SL120 Temple Knight (2-7 points remain)
Vit - 43
Int - 18
End - 35-40
Str - 18
Dex - 40
Mag – 12
Faith - 16
Luck - 7

So I still wonder which path to choose. And btw my DEX build should be an archer build, mostly for pve as I do not do pvp at all, and with close to close fight as well, with either weapon+shield or dual wield, don't know yet :)

So if you have any advice, thanks ;)

You want the first build in that case.

Though to be perfectly honest, builds are not required for PvE. The game is quite easy.
Like no other.
VarietyX
VarietyX
VarietyX

Postby Hithlain » Wed May 18, 2011 5:50 pm

I wonder if I'll not take a faith build instead ;) I like the fact I can heal, serve god, and fight ^^

btw if I'm going to a faith build instead, does it mean I'll have no range attack? No magic of course, with only 6 in magic, but no bow as well as bows required DEX. Isn't it hard to beat some bosses without any range weapon? For example I'm unsure I can beat the 1-2 one without range weapon ^^

And the 2-1 as well (armored spider), wonder how I can beat it without a bow. Of course I could still fire with a bow with a crazy amount of arrows, but not really efficient I think ^^

Or I can cast soul arrow even with low magic, with the fragrance ring I got from the crow, and when I'm out of mana I just wait for my mana to fill, and I'll fire arrows while it fills...

Oh and... I wonder, in a faith build, if I should not go to 18 intelligence, this way I can have 3 slots, so I can put, for instance, warding (2 slots) and poison cloud (1 slot)...

Thanks

Edit: anybody can explain me the NR dexterity splash version of the dex build? What use it is? Why 12 magic?
NR as Northern Regala? And is this weapon really that good? Moreover this is a build for NG+ as we can have this sword just at the end of the game :)

I wonder as well... with a DEX build, especially as an archer, the damage we do are physical, this means this is not good against enemies resistant to physical damage... and if we use arrows with magical or fire damage, those damages scale with magic, and so with 6 magic this is not very good, right?
Hithlain

DEX or FAITH build, help appreciated ;)

Postby Hithlain » Thu May 19, 2011 11:50 am

Hi,

I have post several messages on the forums, in various place, but I would like to focus this on a single thread, instead of doing some off topics on other subjects.

First, my first statement: I do not care about pvp... yet. Perhaps it will change later on, but for now I only care about pve.

I know a build choice is some matter of personal preference, but what I would like is some kind of testimonial of players who make both, what they like, what they do not like, and why.

I base my builds about this pvp guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/954345-demo ... faqs/59592

If I'm going the DEX way, the path I see for my character is some kind of an archer, to take care of the enemies from far away, but with close to close fight available as well, as we cannot always stay far away.

Something like that:
--------------------
Standard Sharp Build
Vit - 45
Int - 18
End - 35-40
Str - 14-18
Dex - 40-50
Faith - 16
Luck - 7

If I'm doing the FAITH way, something like that:
Vit - 47-50+
Int – 15 (18 if wishing for a 3 spell slot variant)
End - 40
Str - 14-18 (14 Base allows for Mirdan Hammer use, 18 allows 2-handed Great
Axe use)
Dex - 12
Faith - 40-50
Luck – 7

On another thread, someone said we can lower int to 14 or even 11 with a faith build and use objects to increase MP to cast second chance. Why not. It only applies to a faith build, not to a DEX one?

Thanks for the advice you can provide me about this...
Hithlain

Postby mmghouse » Thu May 19, 2011 11:54 am

Dex build uses Curse weapon to buff weapons. You need 18 int for that. Faith build doesn't buff because weapons won't allow it. So you only need 100 mp for second chance which you can achieve at 15 int, or 13 + coronet or 11 + coronet + silver cat.
Last edited by mmghouse on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby VarietyX » Thu May 19, 2011 12:10 pm

Hithlain wrote:I wonder if I'll not take a faith build instead ;) I like the fact I can heal, serve god, and fight ^^

btw if I'm going to a faith build instead, does it mean I'll have no range attack? No magic of course, with only 6 in magic, but no bow as well as bows required DEX. Isn't it hard to beat some bosses without any range weapon? For example I'm unsure I can beat the 1-2 one without range weapon ^^

And the 2-1 as well (armored spider), wonder how I can beat it without a bow. Of course I could still fire with a bow with a crazy amount of arrows, but not really efficient I think ^^

Or I can cast soul arrow even with low magic, with the fragrance ring I got from the crow, and when I'm out of mana I just wait for my mana to fill, and I'll fire arrows while it fills...

Oh and... I wonder, in a faith build, if I should not go to 18 intelligence, this way I can have 3 slots, so I can put, for instance, warding (2 slots) and poison cloud (1 slot)...

Thanks

Edit: anybody can explain me the NR dexterity splash version of the dex build? What use it is? Why 12 magic?
NR as Northern Regala? And is this weapon really that good? Moreover this is a build for NG+ as we can have this sword just at the end of the game :)

I wonder as well... with a DEX build, especially as an archer, the damage we do are physical, this means this is not good against enemies resistant to physical damage... and if we use arrows with magical or fire damage, those damages scale with magic, and so with 6 magic this is not very good, right?

Ok, in order:

Correct. You will have no range attack. You really, REALLY don't need a ranged attack. A large number of players here have done runs through the game using fists as their weapons. And since you're only focused on PvE anyways, you could raise your stats enough to use the Lava Bow. It's a good weapon that you don't need to cater any stat progression towards.

Increasing your Int to 18 for a couple extra spell slots is absolutely fine. I myself use an 18 Int Faith build to PvP with when I want to. But there's the key. You don't need Warding and Second Chance in PvE. Once your character is built properly, you should never die. Having both of the skills becomes overkill. Your preference being PvE means you can do whatever you like really, as long as the stats are more-or-less in line with a typical build.

NR splash is the ability to use a Northern Regalia, yes. The 12 Magic is to equip the sword. It's not an OMGAWESOME sword, but it's really quite good. It has a decent chunk of magic damage and a set AR of 540 with a pure CT. This means it can counter Warding very well. This also once again is really a PvP only thing.

No enemies are resistant to physical damage to the extent you'd need some other form of damage to defeat them. Just hit them where they're squishy. Literally.
Like no other.
VarietyX
VarietyX
VarietyX

Previous

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies