Crescent Falchion +1 or not?

Weapons, armor, shields, stones, and anything else you can pickup in the game.

Crescent Falchion +1 or not?

Postby Maximilian » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi everyone, I'm at the beginning of the game and I'm following the official guide that suggest me to collect the Crescent Flachion +1 in 4-1. I checked on wiki and I discovered that its attacking power is 94 and my halberd is 95. Do I really need to get it in your opinion?
Maximilian

PSN Name: Farow96

Advertisement

Re: Crescent Falchion +1 or not?

Postby kiaserbug » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:52 pm

The crescent falchion +1 (shrine of storms), or the blssed mace +1 (valley of defilement) offer two advantages over your halberd. The first advantage is magic damage, which most of the enemies are weak against in the first several levels, especially stonefang tunnel, where the enemies are resistant to physical damage. The other advantage (especially for the falchion) is speed of attack. You can get an attack in quickly, and follow up with a couple more slashes during stunlock, to finish off opponents quickly. If you decide on maining a polearm (the mirdan hammer is a favourite), the strength or faith upgrades will make it a monster for damage, but the crescent falchion or blessed mace makes the game much easier in the begining.
kiaserbug

Postby Maximilian » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:03 pm

kiaserbug wrote:The crescent falchion +1 (shrine of storms), or the blssed mace +1 (valley of defilement) offer two advantages over your halberd. The first advantage is magic damage, which most of the enemies are weak against in the first several levels, especially stonefang tunnel, where the enemies are resistant to physical damage. The other advantage (especially for the falchion) is speed of attack. You can get an attack in quickly, and follow up with a couple more slashes during stunlock, to finish off opponents quickly. If you decide on maining a polearm (the mirdan hammer is a favourite), the strength or faith upgrades will make it a monster for damage, but the crescent falchion or blessed mace makes the game much easier in the begining.

I understand. Alright then I guess I'll take it
Maximilian

Postby Jman1988 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Yeah. They are great starting weapons, and will crush a ton of early enemies, and do well against everything in World 2. You'll find them quite amazing, but just remember that they are upgraded to quite a high point. It's not because Crescent or Blessed are super-godly (for damage). Crescent Falchion +1 will beat the hell out of Halberd +0 or +1, because Crescent +1 is essentially equivalent to Normal +6. One of my friends was so swept up by the Crescent Falchion +1, she turned what was supposed to be her Strength character into an Intelligence character... even though she didn't use spells. -_- As you can tell, she's more of a casual gamer, or at least she doesn't take a lot of time to think things through.
Jman1988

Warnings: 5

Postby Maximilian » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:52 am

Jman1988 wrote:Yeah. They are great starting weapons, and will crush a ton of early enemies, and do well against everything in World 2. You'll find them quite amazing, but just remember that they are upgraded to quite a high point. It's not because Crescent or Blessed are super-godly (for damage). Crescent Falchion +1 will beat the hell out of Halberd +0 or +1, because Crescent +1 is essentially equivalent to Normal +6. One of my friends was so swept up by the Crescent Falchion +1, she turned what was supposed to be her Strength character into an Intelligence character... even though she didn't use spells. -_- As you can tell, she's more of a casual gamer, or at least she doesn't take a lot of time to think things through.

Hahahahaha :D
Maximilian

Postby hiro68 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:08 am

hi guys good day as what u see im also new here, i have a question is it really necessary to collect Crescent Flachion +1?
Its not just self defense,its about my leather police belts
hiro68

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:14 am

Not at all!

You can always use a club throughout world 4! This works wonders!
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Return to Items