Online Connection and Port Forwarding

General online information and questions

Online Connection and Port Forwarding

Postby jac_xi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Hey All,

I've Encountered allot of people who are having connection issues recently. Which is not helped with the fact Demon's Souls does not notify you when you have been disconnected from server. If you cant see anyone online press select if you can't write a comment you have been disconnected. There are no specific ports for Demon's Souls but there are the PS3 ones which can be opened. Port forwarding can help if you have trouble with connections and online play with any game.

IMPORTANT: Take extreme care port forwarding and only attempt to port forward if your confidant with it.

Playstation 3 Network and Server Ports:

TCP 5223-5223
UDP 5223-5223
UDP 3478-3478
UDP 3479-3479
UDP 3658-3658
TCP 80-80
TCP 443-443

If you don't know how to do this you can follow this useful website: http://portforward.com/
Hope this information was helpful, may have been posted before by others but I thought I would share.

Laters, Jac_XI
jac_xi

Advertisement

Re: Online Connection and Port Forwarding

Postby Kokurokoki » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:52 am

Hmm... thanks a bunch, this looks interesting. I'll give it a shot when I get on later today. You are an answer to my prayers! Regardless of whether it works or not, at least I have another possible solution to my problem!

What are the dangers of port-forwarding by the way?
Kokurokoki

Re: Online Connection and Port Forwarding

Postby jac_xi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:43 pm

If you open the wrong ports for the wrong device you can leave that device open to attack but that is very slim chance of happing. People some times accidently do DMZ which opens up all ports for a device which is good if you to do some admin work for network for just a short time. But people do this instead of individual ports and as you could tell leaves device open to attack. Port forwarding is completely safe as long as you know what your doing or some vague idea at least.
jac_xi

Return to General Online