Posts per day: 71
Users per day: 4
Topics per user: 2
Posts per user: 19
Posts per topic: 11

Total members 10187
Our newest member throwaway

• Latest news

View the latest post UPDATE: Wiki is now avaliable for edits again.

Note from "Stooge"
 Members of the wiki can now edit the wiki sites again. You must be a registered user of Wikidot and you must join each wiki site itself by clicking on the "Join this Site" button. You should see that button on the left hand nav site unless you're already a member. There is also a text URL link in the bottom left of the left hand navigation bar on all the wiki's that will show up regardless if you've already joined.

If you see any vandals report them, please! Just click on their username and select "Flag user as abusive". We shall then deposit them in the lower levels of hell.

This topic is no longer locked, so if you have any issues or concerns you may reply on this thread.

If, however, you're pissed off, please see Berto. :D :D

Thanks for your patience!

Hi Everyone,

First, I'd like to personally thank Mephistophelea for her efforts to stem the tide of vandalism on the various wikis. Her efforts are very much appreciated.

Due to a recent incident I had to resort to locking all the wikis down until I am able to implement a long term solution to the situation. We had a person take it upon themselves to run around the wiki pages and delete the content of pages. I attempted to set it up where anonymous users could not edit, however the person in question just started making accounts with random names and deleting again.

I now have a method that will allow either myself, Berto, or my son (Who is going to take on a co-admin role for the wikis) to ban by either user name, IP, or both. Only admins have this ability which is why Mephistophelea was fighting a valiant fight, but ultimately could not stem the tide on her own as moderators are not granted the ability.

Once I get my son setup and show him what he needs to do, then I'll start unlocking the wikis. It will likely be only open to registered users at this point.

Please be patient, and I apologize that it took so long to post a notice about it. To be honest, with everything else going on around me, it slipped my mind.

Thanks,

Stooge

Views: 15586  •  Comments: 4  •  Write comments [ Back ]

• Advertisement